Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Shift+Z is back !!!!!!!

I don't know why but I cannot edit userconfig.ini. Not even with Notepad++. Zipped or unzipped (you can edit a zipped file in win 10) I was going to try adding ini. files to Notepad++ Associations, but that was a no-go. I use add-on linker tried in that folder, tried with original download, no matter how I attack the problem userconfig.ini points to "Explorer. exe" (you know, that windows Program!) 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

15 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I don't know why but I cannot edit userconfig.ini. Not even with Notepad++. Zipped or unzipped (you can edit a zipped file in win 10) I was going to try adding ini. files to Notepad++ Associations, but that was a no-go. I use add-on linker tried in that folder, tried with original download, no matter how I attack the problem userconfig.ini points to "Explorer. exe" (you know, that windows Program!) 

I use Add-On linker and have been able to edit the userconfig.ini file with Notepad++. On my system the userconfig.ini file is located at C:\Users\Al\Documents\...\MSFS 2020\Community AddOns\ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats\html_ui\Data , where Community AddOns is the folder I use to hold all the add-on files for the Add-On linker program.

Note that in the  ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats  folder there is a userconfig.ini shortcut link for some reason, but I don't use that but rather directly access the config.ini file that is in the Data folder.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Here you go Hangar.  Is this little tool any good?  I used it recently to prove it wasn't my controller when the Arrow was pulling to the left - I solved it by adding passenger weight in the end.

https://flightsim.to/file/14925/input-viewer

Hey thank you!

This is better than what we currently have, and i will use it certainly. But what would be even better is something that would instead use a digital numeric readout instead of a graphical one, thereby increasing the accuracy of the data. That way we'd know if our trims were truly zeroed out (or not).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ark said:

I use Add-On linker and have been able to edit the userconfig.ini file with Notepad++. On my system the userconfig.ini file is located at C:\Users\Al\Documents\...\MSFS 2020\Community AddOns\ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats\html_ui\Data , where Community AddOns is the folder I use to hold all the add-on files for the Add-On linker program.

Note that in the  ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats  folder there is a userconfig.ini shortcut link for some reason, but I don't use that but rather directly access the config.ini file that is in the Data folder.

Al

Thanks, I use Steam, so folders will not exactly match up, I'll check the Data folder, this was first time I couldn't convince Notepad++ to do what I wanted.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Oh Wow, I'm like totally overwhelmed. Like - I can now see my Airspeed, BRG and prevailing wind and ,err, height.

Like I just did not know those things at all from my instruments and my flight planning - I was, like, totally in the dark about where, why and how the hell I was flying about in the sky so big and weird. . .

Like this is, like amazing.

(PLAN YOUR FLIGHT - AND FLY YOUR PLAN)

If you need this situational awareness to such an infant degree - what did you leave the ground when you planned your flight? And should you be airborne in the first place. . .

Come on! You need this like a ticker tape scrolling across the top of your eye-point? - or are you a bloody pilot with a flight plan? - or are you a Gamer?

Come back to me when you've grown a pair and you can read the aircraft from it's instruments without the need for external data.

You should be self-contained. Think about that.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

7 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh Wow, I'm like totally overwhelmed. Like - I can now see my Airspeed, BRG and prevailing wind and ,err, height.

Like I just did not know those things at all from my instruments and my flight planning - I was, like, totally in the dark about where, why and how the hell I was flying about in the sky so big and weird. . .

Like this is, like amazing.

(PLAN YOUR FLIGHT - AND FLY YOUR PLAN)

If you need this situational awareness to such an infant degree - what did you leave the ground when you planned your flight? And should you be airborne in the first place. . .

Come one. You need this like a ticker tape scrolling across the top of your eye-point? - or are you a bloody pilot with a flight plan?

Come back to me when you've grown a pair.

lol you know this is just a desktop flight sim right? No ones leaving the ground.

Useful info to have at the click of a combo imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

lol you know this is just a desktop flight sim right? No ones leaving the ground.

Speak for yourself Amigo.

I've been flying the real stuff for over twenty years. Simming has a part to play in practice and knowledge expansion.

16 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Come back to me when you've grown a pair and you can read the aircraft from it's instruments without the need for external data.

Calm down .. Aircraft instruments does not give FPS and that is exactly what I use it for during testing. You are not forced to use it.

• Like 2

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

27 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

While I also have my own set of real world aviation skills as an FAA licensed ADX, I must admit that I am taken back by your lack of support for your fellow simmer's...especially to those who may not have such good skills. Aren't we all supposed to support and help teach those who are looking for help? Why make them feel outcast by such comments? Comments like that only serve to alienate others, IMO.

Lets also not forget that some of the data supplied in this little mod is not accurately depicted in the normal means by the sim yet. Such as Atis giving wrong wind reports, It's also helpful when slewing. Just because you can't slew in real life doesnt mean it doesnt have good application in the sim. There are good uses of such a mod for all skill levels having nothing to do wtih real world flying under certain situations. You cant over simplify things by saying you shouldn't use it or need it in the sim because you can't use it IRL, that's not truly applicable in too many cases to even mention here.

...and even the  mod supplied data that CAN be related to real life can still be used as a nice learning tool for those who wish to use it as such. Me thinks you're taking yourself too seriously.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

You can have FPS with Riva tuner as you probably  know. And that doesnt clutter your screen with all kinds of non-sense.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 minute ago, SAPilot said:

Calm down .. Aircraft instruments does not give FPS and that is exactly what I use it for during testing. You are not forced to use it.

I will not calm down - especially at the edict of some stranger on the Internet.

I am stating the facts - if you're doubtful about being able to take these measurements in the air - independently of external data - you should have a bloody think about whether to take the wings off the ground in the first place.

Naturally - if we're just sim-flighting - then it's fine - but, I don't think there's any negatives about pointing out how we go about this stuff Real World.

After all; todays simmers - can be tommorow's Pilots.

I'll answer myself, Yes it works in VR, nice.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

48 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Where in the flight sim rules does it say that I have to enjoy your version of the sim? Everyone enjoys their own version of the sim.

Also, you cannot see the simrate in the default sim. This tool will be excellent for that.

It took me literally months to stop reaching for shift-z to quickly check the wind / fps / simrate after decades of doing it in MS sims. 

• Like 1

There's one in every crowd !

cfzORjY.png

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

48 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

especially at the edict of some stranger on the Internet.

I think we all acknowledge that you are a leading expert on all things aviation and that you can learn nothing further, except ....

1. I do not believe for one second that you can know whether. or not, that I have a need to grow a pair,

2. I do not believe for one second that you could know what I want or do not want for my simming experience .... the FPS indicator alone, is something I could use (with your permission of course)

3. I do not believe for one second that you have any real idea of how hurtful your comments can be, and

4. YOU are a "stranger on the internet" too and perhaps you should take some notice of that.

5. Finally, some of your comments are both totally unnecessary and inflammatory in my opinion.

Tony

• Like 10

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.