Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

5.2 what a mess

44 minutes ago, pgde said:

What glaring issues? Stop with the accusations. It works fine for a large number of us, including me.

I think that you are quite harsh on your statement.

As you mentioned, many don't have issues while others do. We should not jump to "accusations" when many have problems especially when all these are acknowledged by LM and that they are looking into fixing the problems.

It's not only "including me" (selfish statement) it's about all of us looking for better product.

At this stage of the software (especially when LM agrees that they have problems) it is totally unproductive to start chasing and adjusting with windows or other settings and changing any PC configuration in hope of finding a solution while the previous version did not experience any of certain issues related to what surfaced on this new one, for certain users.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I'm totally unqualified to speak among so many "masters of the motherboard" but to say I've just finished a sweet flight from KMIA to Panama MTPO in lots of rainy weather in NGXu. EA off. 5.2 seems to me to be a nice upgrade.

That's all I'M going to say least my ole buddy "Chapstick" shows up to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about again.😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Ever since v4 everytime there is a new release I completely uninstall the current version and do a clean install of the new one. Never had any issues of any importance. Same procedure with v5.2 and have GSX, the PMDG aircraft, and using the same scenery bar one that worked in v5.1. Much better VRAM than in 5.1 and very stable. Have noticed that many people having issues with the sim never seem to publish their full system specs, if they did we would be able to find out wether their kit is fit for purpose. So do publish them and users will be more willing to give advice or help.

One size doesn't fit all in this hobby anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

Hopefully soon on this HF? The GSX menu is completely jacked up and the old 5.1 hack of changing the missionpanel.cfg to scaleform no longer works. GSX is now utterly useless.

We are testing it with LM.. Well Marcus and others mostly as I am currently out of action due to high pollen allergies.

However I am downloading another drop from LM to re-test things tomorrow.

S.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am currently out of action due to high pollen allergies

I feel for you, I really do! I hope you soon get a nice heavy downpour that washes all that stuff down the stormdrains.

Walter Meier

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

We are testing it with LM.. Well Marcus and others mostly as I am currently out of action due to high pollen allergies.

S.

Sweeten your tea with some locally, I say again locally produced bees honey for those pollen allergies.

• Like 1

Vic green

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Lets also not forget,  that this company (who has your money, which you worked for),  is not some small outfit,  they are one of the worlds largest companies making billions and billions of dollars.

Not on flight simulator though......

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Lets also not forget,  that this company (who has your money, which you worked for),  is not some small outfit,  they are one of the worlds largest companies making billions and billions of dollars.

Thought you were talking about Microsoft..🤣

David Porrett

So I've now reinstalled four different times...installing the separate client / content / scenery as well as installs using the P3D installer. I uninstall everything before every install including deleting the .cfg and shaders folder.

Still, I am getting massive freezes when switching views and the ATC still doesn't work. Bizarely, when selecting 'Tune to ground', the same radio communication text to another jet keeps appearing over and over.

Put it simply, 5.2 is flawed. I had 5.1 working brilliantly; no changes to my system except this upgrade. I really hope LM get their act together soon and get this sorted. As a paying customer, I expect a better level of product quality than this.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Since others have downloaded, installed and run v5.2 largely without, or only minor issues, the problem I submit is with your system and the DL itself. I suggest you verify the checksum of your download. There are instructions for that on the LM P3D website. A checksum will tell you the exact number of bits in a downloaded program. Yours must match that exact number.

Sherm

5 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

Thank you Simbol for your Info.

0445 local time Germany. 

Feeling better today. vaccine put me out of order. 

But I will test the file LM gave us beta testers. The first initial test feedback seems positive. 

I would like to thank all the users who are so patient and helping us out with their feedback. 

Marcus

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Thank you Simbol for your Info.

0445 local time Germany. 

Feeling better today. vaccine put me out of order. 

But I will test the file LM gave us beta testers. The first initial test feedback seems positive. 

I would like to thank all the users who are so patient and helping us out with their feedback. 

Marcus

Marcus - messing around with 5.2 more and I think there are 2 big issues but maybe they are interconnected? The known HTML5 issue with the text causing the screen to go black and freeze up. but the other issue which I have seen some report is when right clicking to change views. Once you select a new view, the screen goes black for time before the new view loads. Again, not sure if they are one in the same or two separate issues but both are very bad. 

Eric 

mpo901 and B777ER. I had that issue and instability. I did a complete fresh reinstallation (done properly nothing is lost or needed reloading [addons etc] including deleting the shader file) I then rolled back the driver on my NVIDIA card to an earlier Studio Version (462.,59) instead of the Game driver. 

The program is now operating exactly as it did without any CTD or view change issues either before I upgraded to the new NVIDIA driver after I first installed 5.2 . I also ensured that the mouse configuration and settings were MS default (I did have them altered to suit my taste) and I used the NVIDIA control panel to check and reset things as well.  It is stable and smooth and now issues at all that I have yet discovered. I have to say with my RTX2070 Super card that I find the Studio Driver not the Gaming driver gives much better results and stability for some reason. I do suspect the NVIDIA drivers because now and then I was also seeing the same behaviour when running some media files on the PC that is screen blips and hangs. I can offer nothing definite but to say this all worked for my system (Intel I7 and NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super on WIN10). 

• Like 2

To echo what coastal driver said. 

Yesterday, I removed my 'latest driver' and also put on a Studio Driver, 457.30 which I used before on 5.1.

Ive also renamed the html file. 

I can also report no black screens, no freezing, no ctd.   I did 2 flights yesterday in the new FSL 320 for 5.2 and they both went without issue,apart from Gsx. 

The gsx issue where the text box at top of the screen is overlapping the frame rates. 

Also when you call up gsx on the taxi in it pauses for about 5 to 10 seconds, and puts 111111111111111 on the screen. 

Other than that no issues. Flawless. 

In summary what fixed it for me was. 

A. Fresh reinstall from scratch.  Absolute scratch, wiped the system/reinstalled windows/P3dv5.2 from scratch. 

B. Studio Drivers not regular drivers 

C. I used Dirks Ncp settings 

D. I used balthazars P3dv5 settings. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay, let's stop all the negativity and work on trying to find a solution. Moaning achieves nothing. People have had their say and we know what they think of the product. Let's work with LM in trying to fix the problems.

That's rather difficult to do without knowing the hardware and settings of the affected people.   This thread is now 5 pages in, and, forgive me if I missed it, but I haven't seen any of that crucial information here. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB