Sign in to follow this  
Peterwk

Throttle Issues

Dear learned forum members,

I'm  wondering if anyone could help me with an issue that I have with the throttles in FS9.  I use a CH throttle quadrant, and I've recently found that when I move the throttles to the full thrust position, it is not possible to get full thrust on any aircraft - I get only 78% at best and the levers in the sim don't go to the full thrust position..  In order to get full thrust, I have to press F4.

In addition, the only way to get ground idle is to keep pressing F1 until the levers in the flight sim move the correct position.

I've tried using the calibrations within FSUIPC but that doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best regards,

Peterwk

Have you been through the calibration procedure within FS9? Sometimes, for whatever reason, the program seems to "forget" what controls are connected and reverts to a basic or incorrect setting.

Also, on my much more basic setup, if the joystick isn't plugged in when Windows is started, then subsequently connected, it sometimes "mis-behaves" when FS9 is launched … excess rudder or elevator trim or similar. Mostly, unplugging and reconnecting the joystick will resolve the issue, sometimes changing 'planes will cure it … haven't found a finite pattern.

Not so much "plug and play" as "plug and fiddle about"!

Good luck :)

Hi Chris 

Thanks for your reply.  It must be something in the FS9 calibration as there are no issues with the throttles in MSFS. I'll try later this week to see if l can fix the problem or not.

Best regards 

Peterwk 

My guess is the sensitivity level. I played around with that once and had a similar experience. I eventually got it right.

chris

Edited by chris41