Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

WHAT FPS CAN I EXPECT?

Guest TY98

I have an Alienware Area 51 7500 on order (Ill have it in a week).Here are the specs:PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QX6700 2.66GHZ 8MB CACHE 1066MHZ FSBOS: VISTA HOME PREMIUMMOTHERBOARD: NVIDIA NFORCE 680 SLIMEMORY: 4 GB DDR2 PERFORMANCE SDRAM 800 MHZDRIVE: EXTREME PERFORMANCE (RAID O) 300GB (2 X 150GB) SERIAL ATA 1.5GB/S 10,000 RPM W/ 2 X 16MB CACHEGRAPHICS: DUAL 768MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GTX SLI ENABLEDPOWER: 1000WVIDEO OPTIMIZER: ALIEN ADRENALINE VIDEO PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZERMONITOR: DELL 30 INCH ULTRA SHARP WIDESCREEN DIGITAL FLAT PANELSOUND CARD: ALIENWARE EDITION SOUND BLASTER X-FI ELITE HIGH DEF. 7.1SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z-5450 DIGITAL 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEMDoes anyone have simular pc or any idea of what kind of fps i canexpect?thanks.TY

Realistically, there is no way to tell. But it should be as good as anyone is getting at this point. Nice system. Welcome to the forum(s).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

After tweaks you will easily get 30+ sustained over most major cities with 3/4 sliders except for in new york and tokyo. Tokyo is a joke as far as frame rate. Seattle runs like a dream on my machine though.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>I have an Alienware Area 51 7500 on order (Ill have it in a>week).>>Here are the specs:>>PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QX6700 2.66GHZ 8MB CACHE>1066MHZ FSB>OS: VISTA HOME PREMIUM>MOTHERBOARD: NVIDIA NFORCE 680 SLI>MEMORY: 4 GB DDR2 PERFORMANCE SDRAM 800 MHZ>DRIVE: EXTREME PERFORMANCE (RAID O) 300GB (2 X 150GB) SERIAL>ATA 1.5>GB/S 10,000 RPM W/ 2 X 16MB CACHE>GRAPHICS: DUAL 768MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GTX SLI ENABLED>POWER: 1000W>VIDEO OPTIMIZER: ALIEN ADRENALINE VIDEO PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZER>MONITOR: DELL 30 INCH ULTRA SHARP WIDESCREEN DIGITAL FLAT>PANEL>SOUND CARD: ALIENWARE EDITION SOUND BLASTER X-FI ELITE HIGH>DEF. 7.1>SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z-5450 DIGITAL 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEMHow much did you shell out for this system?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

>After tweaks you will easily get 30+ sustained over most>major cities with 3/4 sliders except for in new york and>tokyo. Tokyo is a joke as far as frame rate. Seattle runs like>a dream on my machine though.>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB>SATA RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead Setupoh man thank you! i thought i was going insane with tokyo.... now i am not alone. makes me feel better.

Guest tango_d

WOW - that is some system !!!If you get bored of it - look me up ;-) RegardsEd

I can tell you after researching Alienware about a year and a half ago while looking for a new system that he paid to much for it. When I finally settled on a system for myself I went to the Alienware site and priced a system with identical components. I ended up paying $ 1000 US for my system...just the box. The identical system from Alienware was priced at $ 1800 US. As near as I can figure it would have cost me close to double just for the name. Craig

Guest RGH

Hi DaveIf you think Tokyo is bad Try Heathrow Regards Rex

>> When I finally settled on a system for myself I went to the>Alienware> site and priced a system with identical components.>> I ended up paying $ 1000 US for my system...just the box.>> The identical system from Alienware was priced at $ 1800 US.>> As near as I can figure it would have cost me close to double>just> for the name.My budget for a new box right now is at about a grand, are you saying that you've build your own box with the same components but not purchased from Alienware?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Jacek, Hope I didn't mislead you. When I purchased a system in August of 2005 I priced a system with identical components at Alienware and it was $ 1800 compared to the $ 1000 system I ended up getting. I didn't mean that you could get the same components as the original poster has with his Alienware for $ 1000. I purchased my system from Cyberpower Inc. and have been quite happy with it it you want to give them a look. If I were to take an educated guess I would bet that he paid close to $7000. Craig

>Hi Dave>If you think Tokyo is bad Try Heathrow >Regards >RexI get 30fps smooth as silk in london. I routinely hover near the ferris wheel and check out the scenery. Tokyo is the only major city so far that i can't get more than 12 fps in. New York i get around 20fps. Chicago, Seattle, DC, Miami, all over 30fps. I also run at 3840x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF with all sliders minimum at 3/4 and some at max. The autogen tweaks are the biggest improvements to frame rate. I was getting mid 20's before the tweaks and now im low to mid 30's. Not a bad 33% improvement for replacing a couple of files and adjusting a few settings in the fsx.cfg. I would like more variation in my autogen objects but not at the expense of 1/3 of my frames. I await this savior of a patch that is supposed to deliver us all from frame rate hades ;)

Guest akashic flying

>about 37TOO FUNNY BTW!

>> Jacek,>> Hope I didn't mislead you. When I purchased a system in>August of> 2005 I priced a system with identical components at Alienware>and > it was $ 1800 compared to the $ 1000 system I ended up>getting.>> I didn't mean that you could get the same components as the>original> poster has with his Alienware for $ 1000.>> I purchased my system from Cyberpower Inc. and have been>quite happy> with it it you want to give them a look.>> If I were to take an educated guess I would bet that he paid>close> to $7000.>> CraigThanks for the clarification and recommendation of the company, I'll check that out. Whoa, 7G's is a lot of money but hey, there are people out there that are willing to pay this crazy money for a PC, I alone cannot afford such a beast nor I would buy it even if I could. Pure crazyness.

Jacek G.