Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

WHAT FPS CAN I EXPECT?

It's probably closer to $7500. And, I agree, you can have it built for about half that from any number of suppliers. Or, just do it yourself. Alienware has, indeed, always been way overpriced.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest PaulDPearl

25 to 40 depending on how you set it up... My guess is that you will not be able to run it with everything turned all the way up. and be satisfied with your product... You will, however, rock the #### out of pretty much every other game out there...

All the FPS numbers that were previously given have no meaning at all.FPS with the C172? With the Learjet? Or the A320? With traffic add-on or without? This all make a HUGE difference.I get an average of 25 with the C172, about 20 with the Learjet and about 12 with the A320 and that is with all sliders on "Medium High" and 40% MyTraffic X over densely populated areas at around 6K MSL.

Your hardware is way ahead of FSX...FSX was not written to take advantage of duo core much less quad core etc etc...:-)Bill

>All the FPS numbers that were previously given have no>meaning at all.>>FPS with the C172? With the Learjet? Or the A320? With traffic>add-on or without? This all make a HUGE difference.>>I get an average of 25 with the C172, about 20 with the>Learjet and about 12 with the A320 and that is with all>sliders on "Medium High" and 40% MyTraffic X over densely>populated areas at around 6K MSL. With all due respect I agree with the above....but, your information also has to meaning at all without the system specs to go along with it. I was remiss when I posted in leaving out the aircraft which was the default Boeing using the VC. Craig

>>I have an Alienware Area 51 7500 on order (Ill have it in a>>week).>>>>Here are the specs:>>>>PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QX6700 2.66GHZ 8MB CACHE>>1066MHZ FSB>>OS: VISTA HOME PREMIUM>>MOTHERBOARD: NVIDIA NFORCE 680 SLI>>MEMORY: 4 GB DDR2 PERFORMANCE SDRAM 800 MHZ>>DRIVE: EXTREME PERFORMANCE (RAID O) 300GB (2 X 150GB) SERIAL>>ATA 1.5>>GB/S 10,000 RPM W/ 2 X 16MB CACHE>>GRAPHICS: DUAL 768MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GTX SLI ENABLED>>POWER: 1000W>>VIDEO OPTIMIZER: ALIEN ADRENALINE VIDEO PERFORMANCE>OPTIMIZER>>MONITOR: DELL 30 INCH ULTRA SHARP WIDESCREEN DIGITAL FLAT>>PANEL>>SOUND CARD: ALIENWARE EDITION SOUND BLASTER X-FI ELITE HIGH>>DEF. 7.1>>SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z-5450 DIGITAL 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM>How much did you shell out for this system?Polly nothing, all good looking people got one for free. Did you get yours yet? If not, sorry ... :-)