Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

Screen turns into kaleidoscope every so often

okay, has anyone ever seen this happen in P3dv5 before? For whatever reason, every so often this will happen where the screen is completely normal and then all of a sudden p3dv5 will turn into what I can only describe as a kaleidoscope. The screen flickers in these colors, however it is apparent that everything is working fine. They only single correlation I can find to this is anytime I try to watch something on Netflix while doing a flight, this happens. Weird right? The plane is still flying and I can still looking around, but not really see anything in the sim. Take a look at the screenshot, its an imgur post. It'll look like a bunch of blobs of color, just imagine their flashing in different colors and flickering around as you pan around the cockpit. It almost reminds me of a pre-migraine aura, which is never a good feeling lmao

https://imgur.com/a/1mjNJno

If you know anything about this problem and/or have a solution, please let me know! Has Netflix ever given you sim problems before? 😜

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to record my screen, here's what it looks like in real time: https://imgur.com/a/Fj8mKgq

Edited by Amrick615
Additional video to display problem

Looks like your GPU is overloaded (Factory OC?) or the driver goes FUBAR.

Stop Netflixing during flight.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Had this problem and it turned out to be power supply. 

One of my 4K monitors (not involved in the sim) also does this. If I switch it off and back on after a minute it again works.

What do you do to make it work again?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

22 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

okay, has anyone ever seen this happen in P3dv5 before? For whatever reason, every so often this will happen where the screen is completely normal and then all of a sudden p3dv5 will turn into what I can only describe as a kaleidoscope. The screen flickers in these colors, however it is apparent that everything is working fine. They only single correlation I can find to this is anytime I try to watch something on Netflix while doing a flight, this happens. Weird right? The plane is still flying and I can still looking around, but not really see anything in the sim. Take a look at the screenshot, its an imgur post. It'll look like a bunch of blobs of color, just imagine their flashing in different colors and flickering around as you pan around the cockpit. It almost reminds me of a pre-migraine aura, which is never a good feeling lmao

https://imgur.com/a/1mjNJno

If you know anything about this problem and/or have a solution, please let me know! Has Netflix ever given you sim problems before? 😜

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to record my screen, here's what it looks like in real time: https://imgur.com/a/Fj8mKgq

I don't run netflix w/the sim running and agree with Joe I wouldn't risk it.  I have a laptop right next to my PC that I use for things like that, and as an electronic flight bag , etc.

To be not serious for a second...stay away from the acid man.

And back to being serious, I have also seen that when the vid card wasn't getting the power it needed.  If your vidcard requires the extra power connector, make sure it's plugged in.  Otherwise it could be the power supply, which is a lot cheaper than a new video card.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

LMAO some of these responses XD

I did find a fix while in flight: select Panel Only under views and then change it back to the normal view setting. View the plane from the outside and then go back inside the cockpit, and viola the error is no more! 

Additionally, I had to put away the shrooms and turn off Black Sabbath ;D I'll check out the power supply stuff, thanks everyone!