Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Attention Helicopter pilots

Guest Shalomar

What is a good setting for "General realism" when flying choppers in FSX? Do you have to "dumb it down" a bit like you do in FS9?Thanx in advance, Donald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest allcott

Full right seems right to me. They have overcme the apparent instability that was present in FS9 when the realism slider was set to the right.Allcott

Choppers in fsx are dummed down considerably from fs9. Fs9 choppers aren't unstable at full realism settings, you just have to have some skills to fly them is all ;) If you ever decide to get more serious into choppers then i can't recommend the dodosim realstart or advanced models enough. If you are searching for the ultimate in realism from start-up to flight characteristics then it is the only game in town for choppers. I don't even fly fixed wing any longer. Choppers are addictive.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I agree, the flight model for helicopters in FSX is way to easy now. That and a few other things such as the rotor animations are keeping me from enjoying the helis in FSX.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest david W.

For me the FSX Bell 206 helicopter is an absolute a pleasure to fly, and it has become my FSX aircraft of choice for the past 2 months. I have really learnt to fly it well during this time.In FS9 I was able to fly the Bell, but it just never appealed to me.I just did a quick comparison flight now in FS9 (haven

>Choppers in fsx are dummed down considerably from fs9. Fs9>choppers aren't unstable at full realism settings, you just>have to have some skills to fly them is all ;) If you ever>decide to get more serious into choppers then i can't>recommend the dodosim realstart or advanced models enough. If>you are searching for the ultimate in realism from start-up to>flight characteristics then it is the only game in town for>choppers. I don't even fly fixed wing any longer. Choppers are>addictive.>>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB>SATA RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupOn the full realism or thereabout they are... unrealistic and unflyable. It's an FS9 thing. In FSX it is the opposite.. they hold direction too easy, very stable in wind etc. I am mostly flying choppers now and once you learn them, the rewards are astonishing. I sort of laugh at the fixed wing autoland people now (more than ever before)

>For me the FSX Bell 206 helicopter is an absolute a pleasure>to fly, and it has become my FSX aircraft of choice for the>past 2 months. I have really learnt to fly it well during this>time.>>In FS9 I was able to fly the Bell, but it just never appealed>to me.>>I just did a quick comparison flight now in FS9 (haven

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Shalomar

Thanx for all the replies. Full right it is for FSX.Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.