Sign in to follow this  
tyda0501

Sky texture banding

Hi

If it's not shaders, have you tried with another monitor just to isolate your current monitor?

7 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi

If it's not shaders, have you tried with another monitor just to isolate your current monitor?

I have another monitor but it’s very very old and it does do the same thing.

EA definitely makes it worse. I’m still on 5.1 so who knows if it’s been improved on 5.2 

1 hour ago, newtie said:

32 bit checked in nVidia monitor properties?

If you're talking for under "Use Nvidia color settings" yes, "desktop color depth" is set to "Highest (32-bit)

14 hours ago, tyda0501 said:

I have another monitor but it’s very very old and it does do the same thing.

EA definitely makes it worse. I’m still on 5.1 so who knows if it’s been improved on 5.2 

Appears to be an issue with the display (output), particularly the second picture of the F35.

What are your display settings in P3D? What videocard are you using?

Edited by Tokitaumelie

19 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Appears to be an issue with the display (output), particularly the second picture of the F35.

What are your display settings in P3D? What videocard are you using?

Using an RTX 2080ti, resolution in prepar3d is set to 3840x2160x32 which is it's native resolution 

19 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Check bit depth in P3D Graphics UI settings:

uc?export=view&id=1i4xWiG1nCAfAcF_XsF-3Z

If that's correct, check that you aren't using an adapter cable (i.e. converts DisplayPort to HDMI and/or HDMI to DisplayPort).

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob! I didn't see the text at the bottom of your pic until just now. I AM using an adaptor cable! It's a DisplayPort to HDMI.

Its weird, I have tried two different DisplayPort to HDMI cables. The one I'm currently using is kinda pricey and supports 4k 60hrz HDR(the TV's) but doesn't support g-sync. The other cheaper one doesn't work with the TV's HDR but g-sync works. I prefer the first option.

Obviously I should be using some other cable...

Thanks for your help

On 6/16/2021 at 7:04 AM, tyda0501 said:

I've had this problem ever since I can remember with p3d v5, I just don't fly much at night and now I'm on a mission to fix it. 

I have a 4K tv as a monitor, I don't think it's the sharers. 

Here is a couple pics I took with my phone

https://ibb.co/zXBSfsg

https://ibb.co/HFxW8Qh

https://ibb.co/fqYt9j9

https://ibb.co/cT4q7Lz

Thank you for your help! 

turn the HD settings off on the desktop?

(my monitor does a similar thing if I put the HD options on in windows )

p3disshhite.png

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

What LG 4K TV model are you using?  Pending the model, there could be specific ports you need to use and/or specific TV settings for the input port that need to be set.

Is port conversion (using an Adapter) your only option?

How many "Displays" are listed in P3D Graphics screen, just one or more than one?

Cheers, Rob.

I'm using an 55" LG OLED C9 2019 model. It has several HDMI ports, 2 USB ports and one HDMI arc port that I just now noticed.

My RTX is connected to a standard HDMI port(non arc) on the TV using an adapter from one of it's display ports. The RTX has one HDMI 2.0b port available. 

I only see one display on the P3D Graphics screen. It just lists my graphics card "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti.0.0"

On 6/18/2021 at 9:44 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

That’s a good suggestion, but in one of his screenshots he showed 8bit per channel color so Win10 HDR option should not be available.

Cheers, Rob

I was actually able to do this...🤨 and it did not help. Same problem but now screen is pretty dark. Still shows 8 bpc, RGB. 32-bit and Full dynamic range in nvidia settings. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

That's the same TV I use for my main FS PC.  Quick summary of how I have it setup:

1. Using HDMI 1 via 4K 60Hz splitter from HDMI out on nVidia.

2.  LG C9 Picture Mode = Game

3.  LG C9 Black level = Auto

4.  LG C9 Tru Motion = Off

5.  LG C9 Motion Eye Care = Off

7.  LG C9 ULTRA HD Deep Color = On

8.  LG C9 Instance Game Response = On

9.  NCP = G-sync ON both full and window mode

10.  For P3D and XP I use 8bit color per channel, Win10 HDR OFF

11.  For MSFS I use 12bit color per channel, Win10 HDR ON, MSFS HDR ON

You might want to "test" using the HDMI port out of the nVidia direct to TV HDMI port.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a cord yet that will work so what type of HDMI cord are you using? 

"ULTRA HD Deep Color" and "Instance Game Response" do not give me an option to change so I'm thinking its because they're not supported by my current setup. 

Looks like 8bit colour banding to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colour_banding

I use Reshade and the Banding filter to smooth things out.

https://reshade.me/

A search for reshade in the P3D forum will return lots of posts.

Cheers

The banding filter in action - if you look close you'll see some slight banding but it's way less than would otherwise be visible

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D