Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG DC-6 to be released on Friday, June 18th

10 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Who wants to pay more for something that they can get cheaper, this comment makes no sense. $54.99 sale is a steal for this aircraft (I expected ($60 - $70) for this and was not too far off. Quite surprised at the price.

I quite agree but read the thread 😁

Anyway, enough on this now from me. I've made my point.

1 hour ago, FlyingGoose said:

After utterly failing to get the plane off the ground, it's time to read the manuals - the best part about buying a PMDG plane! See you all in a few hours.

Early impressions - plane looks great, very little (none that I could see, but maybe in different airports etc) FPS hit, good price. I'm sure this will be a big hit. No buyers remorse.

Same my side. Tried to fly it without reading the manuals and failed miserably. Took me back to my time in FSX with the PMDG 747 - so yes time to read the manuals and watch all the tutorial videos.

Love the exterior model and the attention to detail. The flags of countries the flew DC-6 on the side including that of my home country South Africa. Even thought the electronic flight engineer had an Afrikaans accent.

Thanks PMDG for an excellent early Father’s Day present at a very good price. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

For those having CTDs - Try it without having multiplayer on. It seems there is an issue that would cause to CTD if you load in at place where another DC6 player might also be.

now i get also ctd when i use this plane.........this is very disapointing.......

no multiplayer is no option,so this is useless for me,i try to get a refund!!!

also pmdg forum does no more work for me........i can read only now.......

so i have to post here.....

i go back to planes that work

Ralf Scholten EDDL

Just now, banjoman1960 said:

now i get also ctd when i use this plane.........this is very disapointing.......

no multiplayer is no option,so this is useless for me,i try to get a refund!!!

also pmdg forum does no more work for me........i can read only now.......

so i have to post here.....

i go back to planes that work

Why is no multiplayer no option? They are aware of the problem and are also speaking with Asobo/MS to try and get that part of the aircraft fixed. If you are having CTDs still even when you fly it with multiplayer off then something else is going on. You will have to contact support for further help. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

Why is no multiplayer no option? They are aware of the problem and are also speaking with Asobo/MS to try and get that part of the aircraft fixed. If you are having CTDs still even when you fly it with multiplayer off then something else is going on. You will have to contact support for further help. 

i try to get a refund,

i do only groupflight.....and only multiplayer on!!

after a few minutes i get ctd,so it is useless

i have deinstall now,and send a mail for a refund..........

Ralf Scholten EDDL

Just now, banjoman1960 said:

i try to get a refund,

i do only groupflight.....and only multiplayer on!!

after a few minutes i get ctd,so it is useless

Good luck with your refund request. But as I said, it's not a feature its a bug and PMDG are aware and also have asked Asobo for help regarding the issue with CTD when using multiplayer/group flight when another DC6 user is close.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 minutes ago, banjoman1960 said:

You won’t get a refund from them. You’ll just have to wait for a patch to fix the issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

For those having CTDs - Try it without having multiplayer on. It seems there is an issue that would cause to CTD if you load in at place where another DC6 player might also be.

Seems like the same issue that plagued MSFS in autumn: AFAIK the issue was that the sim only could handle 1 set of data for a specific aircraft type, so if an AI aicraft of the same model you were flying entered the skies, the sim tried to use the same data for all both (or more) aircraft. Off course that really did 🤐 your flight.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Since we have an “It’s out topic” going, I’m locking this one. The new topic is below.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator