Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Version 4.5 Looks Good

I must say that with UTX mesh and Orbx Base, NA LC, Buildings, and Airports P3d v4.5 looks in most areas around here I know mostly as it looks. My setting are fairly high but I have most of GPU extras low or off. The flight models seem good.

Very nice for an FSX Child.

• Like 5

Now add REX to that and you will have great weather too.

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

My P3D v4.5 also looks good. Realistic cockpit brightness, no waffle clouds, no yellowish sunsets every day, stable, no bugged aircraft reflections at night, no menu issues with GSX, no more need to update and worry about anything breaking compatibility with existing add-ons...

It may not "perform" as well as v5.2, but I rather take the above said things.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I Just can't go back to the regular lighting engine after experiencing enhanced atmospherics in P3D V5. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

7 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

I Just can't go back to the regular lighting engine after experiencing enhanced atmospherics in P3D V5. 

This. Absolutely agreed. You can get the exact same terrain v5 as in v4, but with the new lighting system of v5, it will look ten times more realistic. Mind you, I have not had any issues with v5, so... I'm not sure why one would hold oneself back, unless one has a complicated hardware setup or a video card with too little VRAM.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, rocketlaunch said:

Exactly this. I can't even return to X-Plane since experiencing Enhanced Atmospherics, there is simply something beautiful about it.

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

This. Absolutely agreed. You can get the exact same terrain v5 as in v4, but with the new lighting system of v5, it will look ten times more realistic. Mind you, I have not had any issues with v5, so... I'm not sure why one would hold oneself back, unless one has a complicated hardware setup or a video card with too little VRAM.

In some conditions I agree, 5.2 looks great. But unfortunately there are also conditions that look absolutely terrible. I just downloaded 5.2 last night zero addons and during the day it looks great. But I did a flight at night and in complete darkness the clouds were lit up almost like day time. Not sure how it could be released like this. So many lighting issues. But its very nice to see them working on it and I think we will get there. It does seem very smooth along with very high settings.

Edited by TurboKen
  • Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

13 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Exactly this. I can't even return to X-Plane since experiencing Enhanced Atmospherics, there is simply something beautiful about it.

I'm not too picky. Although I see in color I don't have what one would call hi Def color vision. I can turn off anistropic and v sync and all and not notice a difference. 

I'm feeling pretty good about keeping my 4.5 around after watching 5.x for the past few months.  Between the errors, GPU usage, broken EA, now what appears to be AI injection issues, 5.x seems to be as much of a headache producer as it is improvement.  Yes, there are some that claim all is phenomenal and they have no issues but that does not seem to be the case for a lot of people.  

Did KEWR-LLBG in the QW787 yesterday, left at 60 FPS, landed at 60 FPS, incredible scenery along the way so yep, happy camper here sticking with 4.5/MSFS until all the issues are resolved.  

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

35 minutes ago, psolk said:

I'm feeling pretty good about keeping my 4.5 around after watching 5.x for the past few months.  Between the errors, GPU usage, broken EA, now what appears to be AI injection issues, 5.x seems to be as much of a headache producer as it is improvement.  Yes, there are some that claim all is phenomenal and they have no issues but that does not seem to be the case for a lot of people.

Plus one-at my age and low frustration tolerance, stability is worth more than most anything else.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Hats off to folks who can resist the temptation to run after the latest and greatest and be content with what they have. That’s a discipline of its own. May not help the economy much but hey, if you’re happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

7 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Hats off to folks who can resist the temptation to run after the latest and greatest and be content with what they have. That’s a discipline of its own. May not help the economy much but hey, if you’re happy.

It wasn't really a question of running after the latest and greatest😁. I took a month's trial to check it out and v5 most definitely gives me ( and I emphasise, me) the feeling of a higher grade processor. On the same settings, or even a bit higher, I get much higher, steadier fps, which makes the whole thing run better. No that v4.5 was too shabby.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

It wasn't really a question of running after the latest and greatest😁. I took a month's trial to check it out and v5 most definitely gives me ( and I emphasise, me) the feeling of a higher grade processor. On the same settings, or even a bit higher, I get much higher, steadier fps, which makes the whole thing run better. No that v4.5 was too shabby.

I'm a 5.2 man myself. All I'm saying is "contentment is great gain".🙂

Vic green

Well, I recently moved to 4.5 from FSX-SE. And I was in FSX-SE because of a 15 year hiatus from simming. I didn't even understand Windows 10 at that time (1year ago). FSX looked most familiar coming off of ACOF 15 years ago and Steam automates most things.

Now, Prepar3d I found out requires just a bit more PC Savvy. I botched the set up a couple times but I read both the P3D Guide and the CTD guide. I should have done that Study first to save frustration. I didn't realize there was a sharper know how curve to P3D.

I chose 4.5 for reason of some favored aircraft in FSX that are certified for 4.5 as well as some airport enhancements that will work in 4.5

Edited by Gary1124

I just flew a short hop on 4.5 with my A2A Bonanza equipped with dual RXP GNS. I have UTX, FTX Base, FTX LC NA, FTX buildings, FTX Airports Freeware.

KVLH to KUNV in PA. Literally just over the mountain. I know my State. Happy Valley looked like Happy Valley. The campus, US 322 bypass, the stadium. All there. I am so far pleased compared to FSX. 

• Like 4