Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Update day

Hi guys,

Don`t forget tomorrow is the update Day for WU5 ( if nothing goes wrong ) so cool down your engines .

I'm curious what we get, hopefully no mess, but now we have Beta Testers so looking forward..

Could be getting cold because it`s a nordic update 🤣

cheers 😉

• Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Time to check through the community folder for installed scenery which may bork it. I'm worried about Iceland Overhaul which I've really enjoyed.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Hi guys,

Don`t forget tomorrow is the update Day for WU5 ( if nothing goes wrong ) so cool down your engines .

I'm curious what we get, hopefully no mess, but now we have Beta Testers so looking forward..

cheers 😉

I don't think that there has been any closed Beta program for WU5, but I might be wrong.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

They didn't do a Beta test for this update (other than the addon developers that get early access).

The one they mentioned 2 weeks ago hasn't started yet, I assume it's for the next Sim Update.

I don't believe I have any addons that touch the Nordics, other than WeLoveVFR and a freeware Helsinki airport.

Edited by Tuskin38

36 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Time to check through the community folder for installed scenery which may bork it. I'm worried about Iceland Overhall which I've really enjoyed.

I'm almost sure the developer will modify the scenery as soon as the update drops. I expect we might get a higher-quality mesh for Iceland and updated satellite imagery, as well as a few buildings here and there with WU5.

Are you sure this will be tomorrow? The development roadmap

https://www.flightsimulator.com/development-roadmap/

states under June 24th: 06/TBA. Usually it dropped the Tuesday before the named Thursday, that would be on 22nd. 

There may have been some announce which I missed, of course.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

How do you guys handle the community folder mods when updating, do you have to reinstall everything, everytime there is update?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

3 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

How do you guys handle the community folder mods when updating, do you have to reinstall everything, everytime there is update?

I just rename the folder, install the update, delete the newly created one and rename the old one back.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Are you sure this will be tomorrow? The development roadmap

https://www.flightsimulator.com/development-roadmap/

states under June 24th: 06/TBA. Usually it dropped the Tuesday before the named Thursday, that would be on 22nd. 

There may have been some announce which I missed, of course.

Kind regards, Michael

Last week's Development update said the 17th (top of the page)

https://www.flightsimulator.com/june-10th-2021-development-update/

That Roadmap page hasn't been updated since late April.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I have no addons installed in the Community folder. I have all my addons installed in a separate folder and use MSFS AddonsLinker to create symbolic links in the Communityfolder. Before an update of MSFS I just click a button in MSFS AddonsLinker to remove all symbolic links. It's a very fast process.

Edited by PuffeB
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Hi guys,

cheers 😉

Forecast promise nearly 30 degrees Celsius here for the weekend so let´s forget that getting cold thing....😀🥵😎

• Like 3

Tapani Österberg

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I just rename the folder, install the update, delete the newly created one and rename the old one back.

What exactly do you gain by doing this??  It seems to me that you might as well just leave the folder alone.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

I use @Bad_T’s Addon Manager… one click and I have an empty community folder. Then another click and my preset(s) are back.

Works for me.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I leave everything in the community, i didn`t cleaned it for all the past updates and never had a big problem..

If something from the planemods do not work they normally just not loading and have to be updated from the Developer - you can nothing do about that just to hope not to mutch gets broken 🤔

But our planemodders are allways fast in update there stuff after a MSFS update which causes problems so i'm not too worried about that.

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

My routine before updating is to clear out anything in my community folder that may conflict. In this case Iceland Overhaul and any airports/scenery included in the update.
Then update. The delete and rebuild the rolling cache before loading a flight.

Edited by jarmstro