Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

MSFS2020 DOES'T LAUNCH!

Hello, I am wondering that the game MSFS2020 is supposed to be working without Internet (off line). But recently I had problem with
Internet - internet was down for some time and during this time tried to play the simulator but it would not Launch, I tried a few times
without success. Although I own the simulator with DVDs I did not buy it either from steam nor MS STORE. If any body please let me
know is there anything wrong with my installation or is it that you must have internet connection to play the sim?. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, MOD_FLYER said:

If any body please let me
know is there anything wrong with my installation or is it that you must have internet connection to play the sim?.

It does not start up without an Internet connection, as best I know.

Bert

5 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Hello, I am wondering that the game MSFS2020 is supposed to be working without Internet (off line). But recently I had problem with
Internet - internet was down for some time and during this time tried to play the simulator but it would not Launch, I tried a few times
without success. Although I own the simulator with DVDs I did not buy it either from steam nor MS STORE. If any body please let me
know is there anything wrong with my installation or is it that you must have internet connection to play the sim?. Thanks.

You need to be connected to the internet.

the boxed version should be playable totally off, but it think you need to set the xboxlive thing to offline then, like how it goes with steam.  be sure to have inserted disc.

MSFS DOES have an offline mode but, in order to use it, you must do the following steps:

- Go into your Windows Live account, and designate ONE ( it can be only one ) of your registered devices to be the "offline device"

- Starts MSFS 2020 with a *working* Internet connection, and enable offline mode there. 

From now on, you'll be able to Start MSFS without an internet connection, on THAT PC you have been designed has having offline permissions. You'll get a warning from MSFS at startup it cannot authenticate the license so it won't use any online services, but it's a soft warning that won't prevent you to use it.

The procedure is explained in detail on MS website:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/play-games-offline-on-windows-10-using-offline-mode

It might be worth configuring the offline mode now, when the servers work, so if they go down for any reason, you'll still be able to fly, not on photorealistic/photogrammetry scenery, of course, but it will work.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, virtuali said:

- Starts MSFS 2020 with a *working* Internet connection, and enable offline mode there. 

How exactly is this done?

I have attempted to follow the MS/xbox instructions with no success...

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

16 hours ago, virtuali said:

it's a soft warning that won't prevent you to use it.

In my case, it is a hard warning.

Bert

On 6/17/2021 at 8:23 AM, virtuali said:

MSFS DOES have an offline mode but, in order to use it, you must do the following steps:

- Go into your Windows Live account, and designate ONE ( it can be only one ) of your registered devices to be the "offline device"

From now on, you'll be able to Start MSFS without an internet connection, on THAT PC you have been designed has having offline permissions. You'll get a warning from MSFS at startup it cannot authenticate the license so it won't use any online services, but it's a soft warning that won't prevent you to use it.

The procedure is explained in detail on MS website:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/play-games-offline-on-windows-10-using-offline-mode

It might be worth configuring the offline mode now, when the servers work, so if they go down for any reason, you'll still be able to fly, not on photorealistic/photogrammetry scenery, of course, but it will work.

If you please kindly let me know you could enable OFFLINE mode while you are flying with *working internet* I have already tried thread you provided with no success. Thanks

3 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

If you please kindly let me know you could enable OFFLINE mode while you are flying with *working internet* I have already tried thread you provided with no success.

Check the other thread on flightsim.com I linked:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328144-Can-I-run-2020-without-internet

It has several suggestions how to make it work.