Sign in to follow this  
177B

Navigraph works really well on FS2020

Now you have Navigraph working inside FS2020 instead of or as well as built in map, it shows you position on charts as well as approach plates, the plates can even be overlay on the charts (Navigraph has always done this).

You can also have it running on Tablets or other computers like my MBP in this photo.

Navigraph for FS2020 is still in BETA but it really seems very stable for me anyway.

Photo shows an evening real time flight into KBOS from ACK, a route I used to fly a lot. This is in the Carenado PA34, love that plane in real life and in the sim.

My instrument panel is a built using AirManager. It also is working very well with FS2020.

I must say FS2020 is maturing really well. I have completely abandoned X-plane at this point. We still use the REDBIRD P3D at the flight academy but it is hard to look at now with 2020 working this well.

If you have a Navigraph subscription this is a no brainer. If not I suggest you get one at least for a month and try it out, it is money well spent IMHO.

Navigraph.jpeg

• Like 4

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

yeah, I am still struggling with the product.  I guess the data if ok, but trying to actual fly it in the sim is an issue.  Specifically SID STAR and APP.  What I often see on their Navmap does not look like what I see the FBW A320 nav display after all is loaded and set up.

Also, if they own Simbrief, why o' cant I export direct... maybe one day.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

You can import your simbrief fp in the FBw A32NX and nav chart

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

So far nothing for MSFS comes close to the databases incorporated into the Garmin Trainers, the basis for addon avionics in 10 to 15 year old simulators.  A shameful NIHS posture!  (not invented here syndrome)

Not at all faulting Navigraph here.  I believe what they can provide is restricted by elements (or elements lacking) of MSFS.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It works well for me, the only thing I don't like is that I have to log in every time, I hope they come up with a smoother solution than having to photograph a QR code every time you want to use the charts.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It works well for me, the only thing I don't like is that I have to log in every time, I hope they come up with a smoother solution than having to photograph a QR code every time you want to use the charts.

Are you referencing just charts?  My post was about navdata. Airways, arrivals, departures, and more importantly, full compliments of IAFs (initial approach fixes) for GA airport approaches.  What I have found in Navigraph Beta are only those IAFs associated with jet or high speed arrival procedures.  Not what you use if in a GA with an IAS of under 160 knots.  Those IAFs are mostly still missing.  They are all there in the databases for Garmin Trainers and thus for GPS avionics for FSX, P3D, and Xplane.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

22 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Not what you use if in a GA with an IAS of under 160 knots.  

I believe there is no such thing IAF based on speed! There are category of aircraft A, B, C, D that based on approach speed. Those categories only matter when it comes to minimums (visibility and DH)

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I believe there is no such thing IAF based on speed! There are category of aircraft A, B, C, D that based on approach speed. Those categories only matter when it comes to minimums (visibility and DH)

There are IAFs based on high speed arrival procedures, procedures that do not apply to slower speed GA aircraft.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

6 minutes ago, fppilot said:

There are IAFs based on high speed arrival procedures, procedures that do not apply to slower speed GA aircraft.

What are high speed speed arrive procedures? I think you are confusing something. There are STAR and feeder routes. Their usage often depends on aircraft equipment and autopilot capability .Light GA aircraft generally don't use STAR for obvious reasons (lack or equipment and autopilot). I can only think about maximum holding speed which apply to holds. But then light GA wouldn't be concern about it.  In larger airports IAF have speed and altitude restriction, but then again it doesn't;t discriminate against light GA

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

You can import your simbrief fp in the FBw A32NX and nav chart

yes, that is correct. it was the navigraph to simbrief that I was discussing. (both owned by the same company)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

So far nothing for MSFS comes close to the databases incorporated into the Garmin Trainers, the basis for addon avionics in 10 to 15 year old simulators.  A shameful NIHS posture!  (not invented here syndrome)

Not at all faulting Navigraph here.  I believe what they can provide is restricted by elements (or elements lacking) of MSFS.

Not the first time we are talking about Navigraph and Garmin. Nothing to say against Garmin - but you have to remember: Garmin (trainer) is for Garmin and not for MSFS itself. You an use it with Garmin advices (apps) only. 

And important to know - Garmin and as well Navigraph using the database and charts from Jeppesen. There is no difference, Except with Navigraph you have a much easier and cheaper way to regulary update your navdata / charts.

I compared the published procedures (AIP Germany and AIP Thailand) and Navigraph for the majority of airports in both countries - no differences !

Garmin has a big advantage - all devices and the trainer are using the same "routine". Thereas Navigraph has to adopt to different simulations and or aircraft itself (look at all the different a/c in X-plane for example). 

9 hours ago, Ixoye said:

This surprises me! I am using Navdata and Charts on multiple devices and never had to sign in again after the first time. I just pop up the app and voila! 

Never saw a QR Code thingy though...

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

10 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

This surprises me! I am using Navdata and Charts on multiple devices and never had to sign in again after the first time. I just pop up the app and voila! 

Never saw a QR Code thingy though...

Same here.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Yes and No.  It messes with certain scenery addons by inserting doubled runways, lights, and vasi approach lights amongst other things.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, stratone said:

Not the first time we are talking about Navigraph and Garmin. Nothing to say against Garmin - but you have to remember: Garmin (trainer) is for Garmin and not for MSFS itself. You an use it with Garmin advices (apps) only. 

Yes.  So I use it with my Reality XP GNS430, GNS530, GTN650, and GTN750 quite nicely, thank you very much!

Frank Patton
ASUS