Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

DA62 mod problem

Greetings,

Can someone please help me with a DA62 mod problem I am having?  I just installed the DA mod and the G1000 mod.  When I load the aircraft for a flight, the MFD display is blank.  The autopilot works but I cant seem to figure out how to restore the display.  The PFD seems to  work fine.

Thank you,

8 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

Greetings,

Can someone please help me with a DA62 mod problem I am having?  I just installed the DA mod and the G1000 mod.  When I load the aircraft for a flight, the MFD display is blank.  The autopilot works but I cant seem to figure out how to restore the display.  The PFD seems to  work fine.

Thank you,

Are you certain without doubt that you have the latest for both mods?  I am certain that I do and have no issues with the MFD.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had a similar problem.

1. delete the modded DA62

2. restart MSFS and select the bog standard DA62.

3. see if that MFSD is functioning normally.

4. If not remove or rename the WT g1000

5 restart MSFS and select bog standard DA62

6. If that works (and it should) then re-download the DA62 mod and install.

7. restart MSFS and if the MFD works, then redownload the WT G1000mod and install.

You should be able to isolate your problem this way.  It is a long process with the restart of MSFS all the time, but it is the way I fixed my problem which occurred after the last update.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Actually, just first remove both mods and check.  Then add them back one at a time, making certain they are the most recent versions.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

fppilot,

That is essentially what I outlined.  I simply made it more simple (I thought) given what I perceived as a relatively junior member ... 74 posts.

I thought it would be more helpful that way.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

14 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

That is essentially what I outlined.

The difference is that you suggested removing one, restarting, then if still an issue removing the other.  I suggested removing both at the gitgo. Verifying default as good.  Then adding the two mods back one at a time, verifying the mods as the most recent available.  Not seemingly much difference, but takes the step of first validating his default installation, then proceeding from there. 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The difference is that you suggested removing one, restarting, then if still and issue removing the other.  I suggested removing both at the gitgo. Verifying default as good.  Then adding the two mods bac one at a time.  Not seemingly much difference, but takes the step of first validating his default installation, then proceeding from there. 

I just hope it solves his problem. I guess we will soon find out if he gets back to us.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

Thanks for all your replies.  Its been a busy night but I have experimented a little bit.  Took everything (all DA62 mod stuff, G1000 mod stuff)  out of the community folder.  Started MSFS up and selected the default DA62 which was the only DA62 displayed..   Everything works as it should.  Downloaded the DA62X mod by mrtommymxr and version V4.1.  Now both the default and DA62X aircraft are displayed.   Everything works as it should with the default DA61 and the DA62X.  Placed the G1000 mod in the community folder and started MSFS.  Loaded flights with both the default and DA62X and lost the MFD display. So right now the problem is with the G1000 mod.  I am sure I have the latest version but will experiment more tomorrow.  Just wanted you all to know that i appreciate all of your advice and was working on finding a solution to my problem. 

Thanks again and more tomorrow. 

Hey… I rename the G1000 mod to 01G1000 because Msfs2020 load mods alphabetically.

so in my community folder 01G1000 GPS mod is first loaded.  02G3000 GPS mod …. 03G3000 road mod… 04GX….. 

i haven’t had a problem using this method

hope it helps

Steve

Greetings,

Thank you all for the help.  I'm posting this as an update and for the benefit for anyone else who finds themselves in the future dealing with a similar problem.  It appears that the cause of my problem was due to the fact that I was using an older G1000 mod file.  It was 3.2.  Updated to 3.7 and now everything works great.  I now understand the importance of keeping those mods up to date.  Good thing I don't have a lot in the Community folder right now.

Once again, sincere thanks to all that posted trying to help me out here.

Chuck B.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbreeze said:

Greetings,

Thank you all for the help.  I'm posting this as an update and for the benefit for anyone else who finds themselves in the future dealing with a similar problem.  It appears that the cause of my problem was due to the fact that I was using an older G1000 mod file.  It was 3.2.  Updated to 3.7 and now everything works great.  I now understand the importance of keeping those mods up to date.  Good thing I don't have a lot in the Community folder right now.

Once again, sincere thanks to all that posted trying to help me out here.

Chuck B.

Go to TO and check out the MSFS Community Downloader app.  It has some quirks but what it does is check for the latest Working Title, Fly By Wire, and PMS mods (and a couple more) and helps you keep up to date. 

The quirks are that it wants to not only find the latest mods but then wants to update/install them into your Community folder.  I instead use the Addons Linker app and I want to determine what and when goes into my Community folder.  That can be done with the MSFS Community Downloader as you can make it install where you wish for it to install updated apps.  It chooses to give you a stern warning when you do so, but it does follow your destination choices.  The updated installations can then be copied to the separate destination you are using with the Addons LInker and can be managed appropriately from there.  Despite the quirks I find it quite useful in keeping me up to date.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS