Sign in to follow this  
Guest OleGreyGhost

Cannnot use SDK tools

Guest OleGreyGhost

I installed FSX and the program runs fine. I then installed the SDK using the same path, both are located on my 'D' drive. Both programs can be found under MS Games using explorer, but I couldn't find the SDK on my start menu. I read quite a few posts in the last couple of days, and found that the SDK tools are accessed in the game, but I don't have tools on my menu when the game is running. I went to the SDK directory, read the overview.html and read that I needed to run ConfigSDK.exe. This gives me an application error 0xc0000135. Also under (myusernameapplication data) FSX is referenced, including third party planes; but nothing for the SDK. {Note: I don't like games on my 'C' drive. Any help in resolving this will be greatly appreciated. 'OGG"

I don't know what your problem is, unfortunately, but I _can_ tell you that I ran configSDK both before and after installing SDK SP1 without problem, and I have dll.xml in my D&S application folder under FSX.scott s..

If you are talking about things like Traffic Tools, please take a look at this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=375&page=3The rest of the SDK, as in the documents for programming with SimConnect and the tools/docs for creating scenery, gauges, aircraft, etc, should all be located in the directory you installed the SDK to.Let me know if that helps.

>I don't know what your problem is, unfortunately, but I _can_>tell you that I ran configSDK both before and after installing>SDK SP1 without problem, and I have dll.xml in my D&S>application folder under FSX.>>scott s.>.>Yes, you must first run configSDK. If that's giving problems, then something else going on.Matt

Guest OleGreyGhost

the tools menu I was talking about is on the ingame menu right after help. I read in one of the threads about object placement. "The rest of the SDK, as in the documents for programming with SimConnect and the tools/docs for creating scenery, gauges, aircraft, etc, should all be located in the directory you installed the SDK to." These files (Core Utilities, Environment, etc. are in the SDk directory. Basically what is the command to start the program. Thanks for the reply, I'll check the link 'OGG'

Guest OleGreyGhost

Checked you link and found disabled variables for Object Placement Tool, Traffic Tool, and Visual Effects Tool. The Path started with 3 dots then continued to the proper place. Hopefully with judicious editing I'll get this to work.thx for your help NotASenator 'OGG"

>Checked you link and found disabled variables for Object>Placement Tool, Traffic Tool, and Visual Effects Tool. The>Path started with 3 dots then continued to the proper place.>Hopefully with judicious editing I'll get this to work.>thx for your help NotASenator 'OGG"It's remarkable, but every once in a while, I'm useful around here :(

Guest OleGreyGhost

>NotASenator>It's remarkable, but every once in a while, I'm useful around>here :(Yes, you are. Now i can find the tools. Problem solved. :)Thx again. 'OGG'