Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Nordics World Update (1.17.3.0) is now live!

Just now, edpatino said:

Plus 23 GB you're missing for some reason

Presumably that's the size of the actual (optional) World Update ?

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Steam probably decided it wasn't important. 🤓

As myself...

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

As myself...

I had a Railroad sim with Steam a few years ago. That cured me from ever getting anything from Steam again. It was like having someone else managing my PC. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I had a Railroad sim with Steam a few years ago. That cured me from ever getting anything from Steam again. It was like having someone else managing my PC. 

One bad experience and you drop it?

There's nothing wrong with steam lol.

• Like 4

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

You know, I'm really satisfied with Steam. I had Steam for the first time when I was flying Aerofly FS2 several years ago and now with MSFS. I think it's far more stable for MSFS if you compare it to the MS Store version.

• Like 5

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Oh no,  they still have all these forests in Iceland, even in the trailer. 😟

This area doesn't have a single tree in real life.

EQMLGRt.png

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Oh no,  they still have all these forests in Iceland, even in the trailer.

Report it on Zendesk

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Report it on Zendesk

Haha, yeah, no. This problem has been reported so many times all the way back to the Alpha, no way I'm gonna report it again. At some point you realize they won't do this kind of work themselves and just leave it to the modders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Oh no,  they still have all these forests in Iceland, even in the trailer. 😟

This area doesn't have a single tree in real life.

EQMLGRt.png

lol looks nice , i would think

i wouldnt know how it should look, not going to check every location.

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

You know, I'm really satisfied with Steam. I had Steam for the first time when I was flying Aerofly FS2 several years ago and now with MSFS. I think it's far more stable for MSFS if you compare it to the MS Store version.

The Train sim I had had a great deal of DLC that was buggy right from day one. Many end users including myself, found fixes to make it usable. Then Steam every so often, in the middle of the night, would decide they didn't like the fix, and would replace it with the buggy default.  What a PIA that was. I hate Steam with a passion. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, wim123 said:

Trees are nice, helps the environment. 

• Like 1

The point is Iceland doesn't really have trees at all. Only in some special locations. Certainly not in the central highlands. There's an entire Iceland mod that removes trees mostly so the country looks more realistic.

• Like 1

There is almost zero trees in Iceland

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Train sim I had had a great deal of DLC that was buggy right from day one. Many end users including myself, found fixes to make it usable. Then Steam every so often, in the middle of the night, would decide they didn't like the fix, and would replace it with the buggy default.  What a PIA that was. I hate Steam with a passion. 

All you had to do was tell steam not to auto update the game.

I've been using it since 2004 or 2005. It's a fine platform.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1