Sign in to follow this  
Randall

New Beta

The gist of this update is (official release notes will follow, I am sure) that the latest global airports are integrated into the sim... if you get "can not find runway" at an airport when using the GPS, chances are that your navigational data needs to be updated.

Cheers, Jan

7 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Great! Will this be the final X-Plane 11 version?

That is a question for Laminar Research officials to answer.

My personal estimate would be: Barring any discovery of showstopping bugs with V11.55 - yes.

• Like 2

Oh Greazer. You still don’t get it. 
Overclocking would crash the previous version due to specific issues with Vulkan. This was confirmed by Laminar. This has now been fixed for the current update. So overclocking should now be fine. 
I hope this resolved your issues. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

This has now been fixed for the current update. So overclocking should now be fine.

As per notes, it was due to 3rd party plugins using the new “instancing” drawing APIs.  Not overclocking.

I’m not going to continue pointless debates where you’re asking for apologies. Laminar said in a previous blog post to not overclock because it may contribute to crashes through vulkan. Want an apology?  Ask them for it. 

Ok. Laminar issued an update that fixed every single developers bad code.  The bad code which was throwing up a Vulkan device loss error. 
Thanks for clearing it up. 
🤦‍♂️

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

A period of silence from GoranM and Greazer would be much appreciated. These two have a habit of hijacking threads, starting personal arguments,  and ruining the discussion for the rest of us.

Edited by Brian Mackie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

At the end of the day if the update fixes the dreaded CTD's

only if you have plugins using the new instancing api, and only then if they actually tripped it.

I never got a recreate on this (although by the sounds of it AutoATC should have been affected)

However, this is yet another memory corruption bug fixed (potentially several), CTDs are the best possible outcome for memory corruption, the most likely outcome of mem corruption is unprogrammed behavior, like say a bunch of buttons in the cockpit stopping working or terrain failing to render - and different for everybody.

Its these that make developing this stuff hard, and why 3PDs should avoid low level languages like C/C++ if at all and whenever possible.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer