Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 17th, 2021 - Development Update

JUNE 17TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Chongqing-China-Screenshot-by-Reinier044

Chongqing, China – Screenshot by Reinier044

We are overwhelmed by the community response after our E3 Announcement reveal! If you missed it (first of all, how?!), check out this extended interview from Xbox Games Showcase Extended where Jorg Neumann discusses some of the new features:

Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Xbox Series X|S on July 27th, 2021! And that’s right — a free Top Gun: Maverick update is coming this fall for everyone. Have a question about Xbox and PC improvements coming at the end of July? Ask here! On June 30th, we will host a second Dev Q&A dedicated solely to this topic. We can’t wait to answer your questions! 

And of course, click here for some basic FAQ questions that we’ve already answered about the Xbox launch.

We hope you are enjoying World Update V: Nordics that launched earlier today and we look forward to your feedback!

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

DR_06_17_2021.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

ahtj6jty.jpgb03gyht.jpgcjk4he.jpgd0-hb45.jpge9nrej575y.jpg

SDK UPDATE

• General
    • The new SDK DevSupport platform is live! Create your account on https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com, make sure to take a look at the guidelines, and then you can start exploring all the ideas & answers shared by the community! This space is 100% dedicated to the SDK, so no other topics will be discussed here.
  • Dev Mode
    • General
      • On the new release note window, we fixed the “Download” button which wasn’t displayed as the icon was missing from the package.
    • In the Project Editor:
      • We now prevent generated airport package names from containing illegal characters.
      • We’re making some changes on the different wizards so that they will define the package’s name after the definition of the assets (ie: after choosing an ICAO for an airport).
    • In the Scenery Editor:
      • We now allow the use of SceneryStatistics even when no project is loaded.
    • In the FX Editor:
      • We fixed crashes on the node graph.
      • We fixed the behavior of the BezierCurve, which calculated the curve the wrong way.
      • We fixed a crash that could happen when closing the sim while FX were playing.
      • We now expose the particles color.

3RD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 06/12, we have now approved 197 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 106 (+8) have released 435 products (+26).
  • In total, 1,063 products (+24) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 350 products (+7) from 3rd party developers are in production (217 announced, 133 unannounced). In total, over 1,412 3rd party products (+23) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 887 airports (+13) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 673 airports (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 364 airports (+21) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 103 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 112 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 166 aircraft (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 49 aircraft (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 28 aircraft (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 96 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 21 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 322 sceneries (+7) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 304 sceneries (+7) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 27 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 18 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 37 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 37 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 4 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

MARKETPLACE

Today there are 23 new products and 3 updated products in the Marketplace.

23 NEW PRODUCTS

image001-1-1.png

image002-1-1.png

image003-1.png

image004-1.png

image005-1.png

image006-1.png

image007-1.png

image008-1.png

image009-1.png

image010-1.png

catalina.png

image012-1.png

image013-1.png

image014-1.png

image015-1.png

image016-1.png

image017-1.png

image018-1.png

image019-1.png

image020-1.png

image021-1.png

image022-1.png

image026-1.png

3 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image023-1.png

image024-1.png

image025-1.png

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

Check out our upcoming streams! Follow our Twitch channel here.

Our next C152 Flying Lesson is next Wednesday at 2100Z (2 pm PDT)! Join ForderLearntoFly as we learn about cross-country planning and execution! More details here.

Thanks for tuning into our two Q&As this week! They will be live on Youtube shortly.

COMMUNITY VIDEO

TheFlyingFabio is streaming his journey learning PMDG’s first MSFS aircraft, the DC-6! If you’d like to follow along or learn along, check out the first stream here!

fabioPMDG.png

FEATURED FREEWARE MOD

Last Friday, we chatted with Hy, freeware mod creator, on stream! He created several mods for the community. Check them out here:

For a demonstration of these awesome free mods, check out the VOD for last Friday’s stream!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “Jewels of Asia“. The winner is featured above. Below are our runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: The Nordics

Last challenge’s Finalists:

Lotustempel-Delhi-Screenshot-by-Gebetho-

Lotustempel, Delhi – Screenshot by Gebetho

Screenshot-by-ScenicAtol3300.jpeg

Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300

Screenshot-by-YusufWardana.jpeg

Screenshot by YusufWardana

Pearl-Fuji-Mt.-Fuji-Japan-Screenshot-by-

Pearl Fuji (Mt. Fuji), Japan – Screenshot by canuck695

Taklamakan-Desert-China-Screenshot-by-Ne

Taklamakan Desert, China – Screenshot by Netiense

Bali-Batur-Screenshot-by-Jannik207-scale

Bali, Batur – Screenshot by Jannik207

Itsukushima-Shrine-Screenshot-by-Tasting

Itsukushima Shrine – Screenshot by TastingDevotee7

Tokyo-Screenshot-by-ZdenniZ-scaled.jpeg

Tokyo – Screenshot by ZdenniZ

Macao-Screenshot-by-CasualClick.jpeg

Macao – Screenshot by CasualClick

Singapore-Screenshot-by-IndefiniteMoos-s

Singapore – Screenshot by IndefiniteMoos

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – June 24th, 2021

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 6

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

In regards to dx12 it says 2021 release, but i couldnt see it on the roadmap. Ie, which of the updates it is planned for? 

Sim Update 5, which is getting released the same day. Jayne said in the forums that they'll talk a lot about DirectX 12 on the 30th June Q&A!

• Like 4

I am hoping all these Nvidia watermarks that are appearing in different places means that DLSS isn't far behind the DX12 update.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

I am hoping all these Nvidia watermarks that are appearing in different places means that DLSS isn't far behind the DX12 update.

That would work for me😅

DLSS 2.2 seems to be getting unbelievable results in the games it’s been applied to so far.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Unfortunately, in a recent Q&A they said that they are not actively considering it at the moment. They might evaluate it again when the rendering team is less busy.

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

DLSS 2.2 seems to be getting unbelievable results in the games it’s been applied to so far.

Indeed, and it's incredible that by copying some DLLs over it just works on any DLSS 2.0/2.1 game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Unfortunately, in a recent Q&A they said that they are not actively considering it at the moment. They might evaluate it again when the rendering team is less busy.

Well that's a disappointing way to end the evening! 

Ah well....one day...!

Edited by riverreveal
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I was kind of hoping the Nvidia logos everywhere recently might mean some hidden activity…

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Adding a Switzerland mesh for £9.99 on the day they announce that Switzerland is part of the next world update....hmmmmm

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I was kind of hoping the Nvidia logos everywhere recently might mean some hidden activity…

You are not alone, lots of people thought the same, but Jayne clarified during a community fly-in that the streams on the official channel are sponsored by NVIDIA because she is streaming on a system equipped with the RTX 3080.

They've been doing this quite a lot the past 2-3 months (giving out RTX 3080 cards to content creators and sponsoring their streams), but I'm not really sure why. It's not like all their GPUs, including that dumb GT 710, are not flying off the shelves already...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It's not like all their GPUs, including that dumb GT 710, are not flying off the shelves already...

What shelves?  LOL!  I have spent way too much time looking for those shelves......

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Adding a Switzerland mesh for £9.99 on the day they announce that Switzerland is part of the next world update....hmmmmm

Just a coincidence. These things are sent to Microsoft several days to weeks before they’re added.

23 new products...I can't keep up. The MSFS store will have more products than amazon soon.

• Like 3

I confess I have a bit of difficulty to follow and digest all the new stuff.

And they obviously missed the most important freeware mod of the week, i.e. the SHIFT+Z mod! 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

So what? Asobo are going to tell them they can't release there product? How did you think that scenario was going to play out? 🙂