Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Game not patched to 1.17.3.0 so cant installed WU5!

HI guys, i see WU 5 in the catalog saying i own it but its not installed..

It tells me to go to the content manager when click on it, but its not there to install as says i need the above game version..??

For some reason my game has not updated so still on 1.16.2.0 so no update.. im not sure where to get the patch form as when the sim checks for updates it does nothing just straight into the game

Any ideas? Honestly, this whole thing gives me a headache!

Thanks guys for any help

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

17 minutes ago, vonduck said:

HI guys, i see WU 5 in the catalog saying i own it but its not installed..

It tells me to go to the content manager when click on it, but its not there to install as says i need the above game version..??

For some reason my game has not updated so still on 1.16.2.0 so no update.. im not sure where to get the patch form as when the sim checks for updates it does nothing just straight into the game

Any ideas? Honestly, this whole thing gives me a headache!

Thanks guys for any help

Doug

Should have to update throught the MS Store first? Sometimes I have to hit Get Updates, some times it is automatic. Try launching the MS Store and get the update first?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Should have to update throught the MS Store first? Sometimes I have to hit Get Updates, some times it is automatic. Try launching the MS Store and get the update first?

Yeh tried that, no updates showing in store...tried the get updates multiple times but no joy... im now onot the next phase of signing out. deleting xbox live and all that jazz...

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Tried everything form deleting xbox stuff, resetting them in apps...signing in and out ms store. rebooting...nothing...no update... when i get to the screen when it checks for updates, the circle doesnt turn..just stays still and goes to the next loading screen... i may just reinstall i think

Doug 

Start the sim first and let give you message to update.  After that, go to the store and that should trigger the update. If it doesn't just click 'get updates".  Run the update from the store.  Then start the sim and install the update.  After that you need to go to the marketplace and "purchase" (free) the world update and install it.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 4

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I had the same issue and what helped me was not going to updates and looking there but clicking on installed programs and then flightsimulator. It showed as installed but seconds later the program started to update in the store.

give it a try !

• Upvote 1

Carsten U

Hi,

I had a lot of trouble yesterday.

The WU 5 update change the version to 1.17.3.0. It was quick.

Then, Flight Simulator no longer worked!

But I decided to uninstall it and install the sim again. That worked for me (but 4 hours to install FS with all the updates, including Nordic).

I don't know what happened, really!

Edited by John Fields

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

I have a lot of trouble yesterday.

The WU 5 update change the version to 1.17.3.0. It was quick.

Then, Flight Simulator no longer worked!

But I decided tu uninstall it and install the sim again. That worked for me (but 4 hours to install FS with all the updates, including Nordic).

I don't know what happened, really!

Thats exactly where i am at now...too much hassle all this so deleted it all and reinstalled..waiting to download all the content and we should be good to go hopefully

What a mess this all was!

Doug 

Xbox insider app, leave MSFS preview

This worked for me

If you cant leave the preview, create another windows admin account, log into ms store, install xbox insider and leave preview. Log back into default windows account, update should run

Sadly, I am in the same boat.  Tried all the "usual suspects" to get the download to complete - no joy.  So, for the second time in a row, I too am downloading the full sim again 😞  It really does spoil the enjoyment of using this simulator as this full download is likely to take around 12 hours for me.  BR.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

8 minutes ago, kand said:

Xbox insider app, leave MSFS preview

This worked for me

If you cant leave the preview, create another windows admin account, log into ms store, install xbox insider and leave preview. Log back into default windows account, update should run

That's what did it for me too.

Matt Webb

You have to go here "downloads" Most time the update will not show. Then click get updates...wait...boom. Its that easy.

Screenshot-779.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You have to go here "downloads" Most time the update will not show. Then click get updates...wait...boom. Its that easy.

that's what I do, too, always worked so far, incl latest WU5 update

For those chosing to re-install, I hope you did or consider now to install MSFS "data" files to some dedicated folder like d:\MSFS so when you "delete" MSFS that folder remains and once you reinstall MSFS and point the installer to that folder it recognizes the already available files, downloading only whats missing?

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Screenshot-779.png

For every update bar yesterdays and through the betas this worked for me, but for a lot of people it stopped yesterday and clicking get updates just produced "your up to date" message. Even reinstalling the client gave the old 1.16 version vice 1.17

• Upvote 1

Did you try logging out and in again or just trying a few times as the servers would be busy. Reinstalling the client sounds drastic. Seems more a you to the MS store problem.

Hope you find the problem.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip