Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Game not patched to 1.17.3.0 so cant installed WU5!

Yes, zendesk produced a list of actions but none of those worked like logging out, reinstalling Xbox etc! In the end it seems a lot of us who were in the SU4 beta got locked out ! Anyway it's resolved now thanks, posted here to help those who still have issues 

Thanks 

Well chaps, ended up doing a full reinstall and things are back to normal..even my cfgs for the controllers were the same...very smooth now and just tweaking some settings but all in all happier than a few hours ago!

Thanks for all your comments! It seems some things may have been corrupted and a new install was needed to be honest...just hate going down that track!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

2 hours ago, kand said:

If you cant leave the preview, create another windows admin account, log into ms store, install xbox insider and leave preview. Log back into default windows account, update should run

SOURCE https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-install-wu5-minimum-game-version-required-is-1-16-2/410373/59

Step by step.

1 Create new ADMINISTRATOR account
2 After that sign out
3 Sign in to new user account
4 Run ms store app and sign in
5 Download and install Xbox Insider Hub app via ms store app
6 Restart PC
7 Sign in to new user account
8 Sign in to xbox insider hub app and leave preview

9 Sign out from new windows accout

10 Sign in to your default windows account
11 Run msfs and be patient

4 minutes ago, TENPATROL said:

SOURCE https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-install-wu5-minimum-game-version-required-is-1-16-2/410373/59

Step by step.

1 Create new ADMINISTRATOR account
2 After that sign out
3 Sign in to new user account
4 Run ms store app and sign in
5 Download and install Xbox Insider Hub app via ms store app
6 Restart PC
7 Sign in to new user account
8 Sign in to xbox insider hub app and leave preview

9 Sign out from new windows accout

10 Sign in to your default windows account
11 Run msfs and be patient

LOL- thanks but I am the author of that post !! Suffice to say those instructions didnt work from zendesk!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kand said:

LOL- thanks but I am the author of that post !!

What?

btw.

For sure you are kand449170 and I helped you more than 12 hours ago.

So lets make it clear - this is my solution (fix) not your.

Edited by TENPATROL

LOL, sorry I think we are at cross purpose!  I am talking about the zendesk stuff that didnt work here! The admin account was the fix and yes it was posted by you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kand said:

LOL, sorry I think we are at cross purpose!  I am talking about the zendesk stuff that didnt work here! The admin account was the fix and yes it was posted by you

ahhhh OK, sorry mate. 2 much coffee 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kand said:

Xbox insider app, leave MSFS preview

This worked for me

If you cant leave the preview, create another windows admin account, log into ms store, install xbox insider and leave preview. Log back into default windows account, update should run

This is a good workaround, but Asobo should've should still push out an update to the testing branch to get them back on the main branch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TENPATROL said:

Good news mate > Easier solution.

How you discovered that is beyond me! But well done, will remember that 

• Like 1

As soon as I updated windows the sim updated

On 6/18/2021 at 7:30 AM, RTK1972 said:

I had the same issue and what helped me was not going to updates and looking there but clicking on installed programs and then flightsimulator. It showed as installed but seconds later the program started to update in the store.

give it a try !

Thx, this really helped. I signed in to your community just to upvote your answer.