Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Do I have a unique FSX problem?!?!

Hi all, I'm hoping that you can help me because I'm stressed to #### with this one.I've uninstalled FSX from my D drive, as the partition was too small for the new FSX VFR photoscenery from Horizon Simulations. I've then reinstalled FSX and the photoscenery onto a new drive (drive letter G) which took flipping ages, let me tell you.When I go to run FSX for the first time, in order to activate it, I get the following message:Flight Simulator requires at least one each of the following to run: an airport, a VOR, an NDB and a waypoint. There is currently no airport in the dataset. Flight Simulator will now exit.I've searched extensively through Google and specifically the MicroSoft knowledge base and I come up with absolutely nothing, in terms of other simmers experiencing a similar issue. Does anyone here know what the heck is going on before I go spare?!It did seem to run the reindexing thing it normally does when you first start Flight Sim, but then I get this god forsaken message again. I've done a repair and reinstall and nothing has cured it. I would be very grateful for any help.Thanks in advance,noodldoodl

noodldoodl,Have you tried renaming your FSX.cfg file (do a search for that if you're not sure where it is) renaming it will keep it safe and then launch FSX. An error in this key file may be the problem? Again the database will re-index and you'll be very happy otherwise ....If that doesn't work.Delete the new FSX.cfg and re-rename your renamed FSX.cfg back to 'fsx.cfg' Try the above trickery to the scenery.cfg. Infact, I reckon this is the file causing you the problem as it ties in more with the VFR gubbin you just moved about.Just a quick help for you while others ponder and say to themselves .. 'phew! Glad that isn't me!'regards and good luckdaelight

Maybe your problem is a bad scenery.cfg, since it sounds like FSX can't find it. I think the location of scenery.cfg depends on how you installed FSX, but in my install it is in Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication dataMicrosoftFSX NOT in my normal "username" folder where fsx.cfg is located. I would try to find scenery.cfg and see if it isn't still pointing to your old FSX folder structure. Might be a simple find and replace on the drive letter in a text editor to point it at the new location. Note: there is also a scenery.cfg in mian flight simulator X folder, but I think this is just a stub in case an addon is looking for it there. The one in docs&settings is the "real" one.scott s..

Wow, totally fantastic! Thanks to your assistance I found that the scenery.cfg in 'all users' was corrupt. Simply renaming it out of the way, so that FSX remade it on startup, cured my problem straight away.I'm so happy, I'm eventually able to play with my 20+ GIG photoscenery add-on!Thank you very very very much indeed.noodldoodl :)

>Wow, totally fantastic! Thanks to your assistance I found>that the scenery.cfg in 'all users' was corrupt. Simply>renaming it out of the way, so that FSX remade it on startup,>cured my problem straight away.>>I'm so happy, I'm eventually able to play with my 20+ GIG>photoscenery add-on!>>Thank you very very very much indeed.>>noodldoodl :)How is that scenery from Horizon Simulations?Is there any frame rate impact?