Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

WU5 - installer stuck in a loop [SIGH]

MS Store version ... I'm at 5.19Gb out of 5.21Gb and stuck in a loop: 82/86 ...

It just keeps trying to reload from 82 onwards. I've left it for an hour now and am reluctant to pause or cancel in case I stuff up MSFS totally.

Any ideas, anyone?

Jeez ... Asobo really need their heads slapped for this insane update procedure.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Pause download

exit msfs

goto your MSFS  Installation Folder and delete any temp update Filets manually

Restart MSFS 

Continue download 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thanks for the super-fast response. I'll try your advice ... but where would these temp files be?

Thanks,

Adam.

13 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

It just keeps trying to reload from 82 onwards. I've left it for an hour now and am reluctant to pause or cancel in case I stuff up MSFS totally.

Any ideas, anyone?

Jeez ... Asobo really need their heads slapped for this insane update procedure.

I would say in this case it's Microsoft's fault... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DAD said:

Pause download

exit msfs

goto your MSFS  Installation Folder and delete any temp update Filets manually

Restart MSFS 

Continue download 

I gave it a try (as above) without finding the temp files. My lucky day - 2nd time around all went great :-)))) ... thanks!

I also did a fair bit of Googling around for that problem. Depressingly, *loads* of people are having similar problems (from the very first MSFS updates). I feel lucky to have got away with it for so long!!!

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks for the super-fast response. I'll try your advice ... but where would these temp files be?

Thanks,

Adam.

In your MSFS /officials folder. Usually it only contains (sub)folders but temp zipped installer files are saved there until they are unzipped 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The files that were looping. Had you edited anything in them before?

No ... absolutely not!

BTW - thanks again, @DAD (!)

@Adamski_NZ

In the early days [August/Septmber 2020] I also had this "looping" problem. I happen to check the OPTIONS menu and found that DATA >> DATA BANDWIDTH USAGE LIMIT >> BANDWIDTH was set at 20 mb/s [the options are 5, 20, 40 and UNLIMITED ]. Changed that to UNLIMITED and have not had the "looping problem for any update thereafter.

Could you please check what your setting is for the above ?.

Not saying it is the cure but worth a try.

Greetings

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

14 hours ago, SAPilot said:

@Adamski_NZ

In the early days [August/Septmber 2020] I also had this "looping" problem. I happen to check the OPTIONS menu and found that DATA >> DATA BANDWIDTH USAGE LIMIT >> BANDWIDTH was set at 20 mb/s [the options are 5, 20, 40 and UNLIMITED ]. Changed that to UNLIMITED and have not had the "looping problem for any update thereafter.

Could you please check what your setting is for the above ?.

Mine is always set to UNLIMITED ... and was set at that both during the failed update and the following (successful) update. Some posts I saw when Googling the subject suggested the opposite: to go from UNLIMITED to something lower. I suspect the problem isn't actually related to bandwidth at all - maybe [remote] server load or something.

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Mine is always set to UNLIMITED ... and was set at that both during the failed update and the following (successful) update. Some posts I saw when Googling the subject suggested the opposite: to go from UNLIMITED to something lower. I suspect the problem isn't actually related to bandwidth at all - maybe [remote] server load or something.

OK , that rules out my theory. There are so many people having this problem. Each time there is an update I say a little prayer .. "no looping please .."

Did you manage to complete the update ?.

Greetings

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

On 6/18/2021 at 8:03 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Any ideas, anyone?

41 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

OK , that rules out my theory. There are so many people having this problem. Each time there is an update I say a little prayer .. "no looping please .."

Did you manage to complete the update ?.

Greetings

Go to official folder and delete all 3rd party airports.

After that go to

c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

and delete file named Content.xml

6 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

Go to official folder and delete all 3rd party airports.

After that go to

c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

and delete file named Content.xml

At the time when I had the problem [looping] I had no 3rd party airports installed. Does 3rd party airports not go in Community folder ?.

Deleting the file  Content.xml did however helped me when MSFS got stuck at "Checking for Updates".

This "looping" remains an enigma.

Greetings

RS