Sign in to follow this  
Guest rightnumberone

New Mission Released - Palm 90

Truely Awesome !!!!That is simply the BEST mission I have ever seen (or even though was possible). Well designed and executed from start to end with all the newest bells and whistles. And the cut scenes, incredible job all around. Very immersive - the story, voices, atmosphere, cut scenes - that was not just a mission, that was an experience! And to top it off that well packaged product that was only 8mb.My hats off to you, PLEASE keep more like that coming. I was a little questionable about whole FSX mission thing - has that tune ever changed...Best Regards'Garett:-beerchug

Guest rightnumberone

Guys,Wow ... now I'm the one who is speechless. Thanks so much for taking the time to express your kind appreciations. I put a lot of effort into this mission as a way of trying to see just how far I could push FSX.There were a lot of "iffy" things I did in this mission that I wasn't sure the game could pull off.I too am impressed with just what can be accomplished with this version of Flight Simulator. And the future promises even better possibilities as the hardware catches up with the software.The guys on the ACES team have really provided an excellent platform upon which to tell stories like this. I agree with others that the product needs some tweaking, and I really wish there were more objects from which to choose in designing missions, but there is a TON in the game that someone with the right imagination and skills can use to create truly immersive experiences.Thanks again for your kind comments.

I remember as a little kid watching these events unfold since I have lived in the DC area most of my life. That was a very tragic day with many heroes. Since choppers are all I fly these days I will certainly be downloading and experiencing this mission myself. Very nice work!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Yes well done, your the Guru of Helicopter Missions and thanks.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Thanks again for your kind comments.I do hope you've put your "name in the hat" with regards to ACES open invitation for a Mission Designer! ;)http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archi...n-builders.aspx

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I absolutely second this notion from Bill, and what everyone else has said.This is, without a doubt, the most compelling, cinematic, epic and memorable experience I've had in a Flight Simulator since my dad took me on a trip around Chicago on my Commodore 64.The attention to detail, the technical aptitude, the story-telling, and the pure challenge of the mission, getting that helo down between those bridges; it all combines into the ultimate computer experience. And I'm not even a helicopter type of guy!I don't think that the real-life heroes of that day could ask for a better tribute.I mean, I've seen the photos and news coverage, I was just a kid when it happened, but I've been over those bridges thousands of times, and when you come through the haze and see the pandemonium below, I thought I was watching a movie and almost forgot to keep flying.Well done. Very well done.

It looks and sounds awesome. But I unable to go beyond the prefix.First time, I listened to the whole thing..until the time I had to fly it. I started the chopper..and immediately crashed. OK..maybe I need to be more careful.But when I run the mission the second time... It would not even play the storyboard. IT crashes right away...and says mission failed. just after that I get a memory CTD.Hmmm.,...Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest rightnumberone

Manny,Can't help with your "memory CTD" issue, but I think I know why it crashed you when the simulation reloaded, and it's my fault: You probably did not idle the throttle at the beginning of the mission.I discovered this small bug after I released the mission.If you don't idle the helicopter at the beginning of the mission simulation, there's a small but definite possibility that the helicopter will take off while the cutscene is playing and you have no control over the aircraft.Whoops! FAA recommends that you be IN the aircraft when flying it, right? Forgot about that FAR ;)(I'm gonna fix that tonight and reupload the mission).So, to summarize: Make sure when the mission starts you have the chopper at zero power.

Great great mission! Thats what i dreamed missions would be like when i first heard they were going to include them in FSX. This makes me want to create a mission of my own but to make a good one just takes way to much time. Perhaps over summer when i have a lot more time on my hands :-)

I saw the beginning and I was amazed. Pity that I can't fly helicopters yet. I wish it was a small plane instead to fly.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

"And the future promises even better possibilities as the hardware catches up with the software." - funny, I think its just the opposite. It seems we are awaiting the software to catch up to the hardware with the SP1 and DX10 patch and all. Oh and thank you very much for your hard effort - it's a great mission and you have great tallent. keep it coming!

This one sounds really good, saw a documentary on this accident a while back, think I'll try it quite soon.