Sign in to follow this  
Guest rightnumberone

New Mission Released - Palm 90

Guest kittie

I love the mission, but this crash to desktop is really driving me crazy. :9 okay I've completed it and landed back at the helo pad and the mission won't finish. I'm not sure what to do to end the mission. I'm centre of the pad?

Guest kittie

got it, maybe it was just a glitch, when I landed again in the same spot, the mission ended.Weeeee:D

Guest rightnumberone

Haya,Yes, you're missing a folder ... the Palm90 folder - which holds Palm90.xml, Palm90.flt, etc. These files are in a folder too high in your tree.I think if you reinstall this mission, it will work. Your folder structure is too complex for the installer to work automagically, so you'll need to manually install it.What you need to do is this:Extract all the files and folders into a temporary folder on F: (or whereever you have space).Then, do the followingMove the Palm90 folder to:F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyso that your final folder structure looks like this:F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyPalm90 (inside this folder are the mission files)Move the fx_deicing_2.fx file to:F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XEffectsMove the palm90reward.rwd file to:F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XRewardsShould work like a charm.Cheers,Kevin

Guest Challenger604

Thank you for the great free mission. My problem is just FPS are so low (under 10) that it makes it hard to fly period. I did manage to rescue one person before I crashed into the bridge trying to rescue the second. Once I get better FPS this will be a great mission.

Guest RobA

Thank you for a great evening of fun!! This was my first mission flown in FSX as I just hadn't got interested yet, until I read this thread. I pointed the installer to a Temp directory and then manually moved the files/folders to FSX. It started up fine, ran fine, had all the correct weather, scenry, sound effects, briefings, etc, great fun.I don't have great computer specs but the mission ran well at medium settings and Dense scenery.AMD 64 3000ATI Radeon X800 256MB1 GB RAMWindows XP 64 bit versionBest, RobRedding, CA

Kevin, i am puzzled as well... I didn't find the cause of this issue either. FSX just close, like when you hit ctrl+c. My System is very fast and rock stable !Well, i have FSX installed in a separate partition on a RAID10 array ( drive letter Z: ). My realism settings, water, scenery and autogen are at maximum. I'll have a look into it again this evening.

Hi Kevin,Some light perhaps...>I have AMD Dual Core 64x2 3800.>Winfast PX7900GTX 512 Ram>2 Gig Ram>German edition of FSX>I have the spanish edition of FSX, perhaps there is a problem with some characters in a file. I rename all html files and still got the CTD when the flight is loading.Thanks for your efforts.Kind regardsJose

Guest rightnumberone

Bob,Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did creating it.Do check out these other missions that I made (not quite as polished, but still great fun):Boston Skyskraper Fire!http://fsxmissions.blogspot.com/2006/12/bo...raper-fire.htmlGrand Teton Fire Brigadeshttp://fsxmissions.blogspot.com/2006/12/al...e-brigades.htmlThis mission by a different author is also quite an evening of fun:Oregon Ablazehttp://fsxmission.com/live/modules.php?nam...wdownload&cid=7I'm working on my fourth mission for FSX. It promises to be even bigger and better.Cheers,Kevin D. Greene