Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Envtex & Envshade Updated

@coastaldriver

The other situation that I didn't mention and I think is worthwhile mentioning is that the color environment is changing also with altitude, as an example as you pointed out water vapor, smoke, pollution, etc varies also with the altitude we fly at. Pilots flying at lower altitudes
(like 10K up to 17K) will have a total visual experience and wx phenomena compared to the ones flying constantly above 20K up to 40K, the ones between 40K and 45K, and ultimately between 60K and up to 65-70K.
So this might be an issue with P3D/LM where that didn't take all into consideration. I will not say that is a programing limitation because Envtex & Envsahe is getting much closer to reality with their software.
The other problem that I see is with the HDR, it's over-exaggerated and it turns into some vivid unrealistic colors.
The last one is this EA which IMHO is still experimental and needs lots of work. I see efforts from their side but very slow on achieving that sweet spot.
From my perspective, I have the HDR and EA off (for the time being) using AciveSky while waiting for final adjustments from Envtex & Envsahe.
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

Try with Saturation set to 1.05 to start with. A value as high as 1.15 makes roads more Lava like.,,

Sorry.  Just to be clear.  Is this for a night setting or both day & night?

Thank you

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sorry.  Just to be clear.  Is this for a night setting or both day & night?

Thank you

Both. Your setting is very high so everything is very saturated. Just try with different settings.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

After trying a lot of things :

- Disable Auto Exposure . Auto Exposure is a camera feature where according to an algorytm shuttertime , diaframa, brightess, saturation ect are automatically being set. Duringf Daytime it is working quiet nice and sepertelay during nighttime it is working nice. The same HDR settings with AE On for both Day and Night show too saturated roads at night.

With AE disabled you open Envshade :

- set the Nightbloom to Minimum and Apply .Close EnvShade 

In the P3D root, open the Terrain.fx file (make a backup first) which you will find in the HLSL Shaders folder

Look for :

Envshade_Terrainsaturation_Multiplier + 0.20 - (cb_View.fPrecipitationLevel * 0.2) - 0.4*EnvshadeNightGradient

The value 0.4 is the value that determines the saturation of the roads (and terrain). If you increase it the roads will be less saturateed. If you decrease it the roads will be more saturated.

Save the Terrain.fx file. 

Each time you want to try another value for the roads saturation start with opening EnvShade and then simply Apply and close it. It will delete your Shader cache for you so you don't have to do it manually.

- - - - - - 

If you want AE enabled at night you will have to set the HDR brightness inside P3D to about a 20-25% lower value. And in Envshade you can adjust the roads saturation according to what I have described above. 

To make it more simple ; make a second P3D.cfg file Profile (can be done inside P3D) and name it Night. So you have one for both Day and Night.

Myself I have 2 : late dawn--day-early dusk  and  late dusk-night-early dawn

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Envshade_Terrainsaturation_Multiplier + 0.20 - (cb_View.fPrecipitationLevel * 0.2) - 0.4*EnvshadeNightGradient

The value 0.4 is the value that determines the saturation of the roads (and terrain). If you increase it the roads will be less saturateed. If you decrease it the roads will be more saturated.

GSalden, does this tweak change terrain (and street lights) saturation during night-time only?

Many thanks for your hard work in improving P3D !

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Gerard, thank you for the investigation into this issue. Can you recommend a happy medium? I do a lot of flights that start in the day and end in the evening. I really would like a one size fits all approach. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, SergioN said:

But couldn't try it to more than 1 min, it gives me DXGI device hung error every session I tried

I am having the same issue...

Not using until this is sorted out.

Dave

8 hours ago, GSalden said:

In the P3D root, open the Terrain.fx file (make a backup first) which you will find in the HLSL Shaders folder

Look for :

I tried this tweak by increasing the value. On my system this seemes to affect terrain saturation in both daytime and nighttime, which leads to a bleak/colourless terrain during the day.  Would it be possible to reduce terrain saturation during the night only - from the time the street lighting turns on until it turns off in the morning - leaving daytime unchanged? Colorful day and bleak night?

2 hours ago, LGKR said:

I tried this tweak by increasing the value. On my system this seemes to affect terrain saturation in both daytime and nighttime, which leads to a bleak/colourless terrain during the day.  Would it be possible to reduce terrain saturation during the night only - from the time the street lighting turns on until it turns off in the morning - leaving daytime unchanged? Colorful day and bleak night?

Just change the 0.4 to 0.9.

In the formula (= expression) you see EnvShadeNightgradient which lowers or rises the Daytime saturation value for the Night.

By changing the 0.4 value to a higher value you lower the Daytime saturation value for the Night.

So you will have to find a balance between the EnvShade Terrain Saturation value in the menu and the value for the EnvShadeNightgradient . So both values.

Edited by GSalden

20 hours ago, B777ER said:

Gerard, thank you for the investigation into this issue. Can you recommend a happy medium? I do a lot of flights that start in the day and end in the evening. I really would like a one size fits all approach. 

Yes, Gerard thank you and I'd like to learn your recommendation on the above as well.

Thanks.

I'm also getting this DXGI crash after a minute or so once in the sim.Tried getting some support from TOGA through facebook and their forum but ot no avail...

Anyone got a fix they found or something to resolve this.

Brgds,

Steven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Not too sure how compatible the latest Envshade is with P3DV5.2.

With standard shaders I get no errors reported within 'ContentErrors.txt' but using Envshade a load of errors are reported

such as:-

[error.285]
error=Shader compilation failed - Error Msg: F:\Prepar3D V5\ShadersHLSL\PBRBase.fx(487,15-83): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
F:\Prepar3D V5\ShadersHLSL\PBRBase.fx(487,54-82): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

[error.288]
error=Shader compilation failed - Error Msg: F:\Prepar3D V5\ShadersHLSL\General.fx(748,15-83): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
F:\Prepar3D V5\ShadersHLSL\General.fx(748,54-82): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

And many more................

Select content error reporting/logging in P3D and see if you are getting the same, please.

TIA.

Edited by Sparkrite

On 6/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, B777ER said:

If you do it as I explained it yesterday you can fly with the same profile.

Myself however I have a third party nightlighting system and to get the best I lower the LOD and AG density settings, so I can set the AG range to high. This causes my lights to show till the horizon.

Therefore I use 2 P3D.cfg files which imho is the best you can do.

Edited by GSalden

Just as a mini update with my sim + envshade, I installed the latest nvidia driver 471.11 and till now, no dxgi hung errors, so maybe it was the old driver's issue. Thanks for the help to w6kd and GSalden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sergio Naiberg