Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Tip my Hat to ACES team members

I have been reading on and posting in the avsim forums since the FSX release, and thanks to all the different post my FSX is running smoothly, I have tried to go back to FS9 a few time to fly the PIC737 or my ATR-72(boy I cant wait for there release for FSX) and its just not the same, anyway, I was real surprised to see post in the avsim forums from actual FSX developers. I thought all you guys (developers of all types) hid out in deep Microsoft basements drinking Jolt Cola and using you Pentium 7 HexaCore 8 Terebit, 6,000,000,000,000MB RAM computers to write the next release of various software

Same here Gary, I like FSX everyday more and more. Some days ago, I tried FS9 again with all my Pro add-ons, and quickly went back to FSX. Now, I am waiting for new PMDG

:-bigangel Very well said Gary and I'm pretty sure that there are many pilots here on the AVSIM website that feel the same way too:-sun1

Agreed. The openness and accessibility is 1000x better than the way it used to be, and it will only make flight sim better.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest tascaso

Still flying my Level-D B767 in FS9, its really nice. Using GE Pro, which really brings FS9 to a whole different level. I know FS9 is long in the tooth, there is probably a large silent group of folks that continues to use FS9. Its hard to pin down numbers as lots of folks just do not post. I also have FSX, I do take it for a spin once in a while, its nice, also; and will come into its own just as all the other iterations have in the past.T. Ascaso1704.png

It just makes me sit back and wonder:What will FSX be like in three years?Compare stock FS9 to what it looks like today with the right add-ons.Then look at stock FS9 compared to stock FSX and try to imagine what FS-Next will look like. Maybe I'm a bit ahead of myself, but advances in technology like that are just incredible to speculate about.

I would like to thank the decision makers as well as the team members. Making directional decisions wouldn't have been easy. Deciding where to spend the team members time to progress the product for both the best return and the future of the franchise can be perilous. Only history will record if this version was built on a worthwhile path. But so far it is looking good. I still have FS9 up and ready but with 16AA and high water effects turned on I flew a Beaver using FSX from water to water. After I finished my flight I turned my head (thanks to trackir) to look out of the window at the undulating mirror of the water surface and the reflections of the puffy cumulus in the late afternoon sun, FS9 seemed far, far away. I only had one regret, I didn't have a fishing line. Roll on the future.Thank you Aces. :)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.