Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

42 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

LNAV and VNAV - Oh, you lucky Devil - wish I had that...

Indeed, it is pretty tricky when the autopilot can’t do the work for you.  Helps with carpal tunnel to get off the button pushing at least.

• Like 1

I do not (yet) have this as I am on the fence about buying an old propeller plane with no avionics. As much as I want the first PMDG for MSFS, I am hesitant that it might sit and collect dust in the virtual hangar. I guess they have shown that this MSFS engine can produce amazing fidelity with minimal performance impact, is this statement correct? If that is the case for a/c like that, with beautiful details inside and out but no fly-by-wire running in the background. I wonder; can they pull this off with the 777?

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

It's interesting to me to see so many people new to this plane.    It's long been available not just for XPlane but also for P3D...  are you folks who are new to it jumping on it just because it's the first PMDG plane for the new sim and you want something of theirs to mess with even if it's not what your usual fare would be?

I'd also be interested in the opinions of folks who try it who have experience with the P3D version as well.   I bought the P3D edition almost as soon as it was available and I love the thing.  I'm just wondering how they compare, with the exclusion of the obvious fact that the MSFS version is going to look much better.  Thoughts on that?

For me, it's the way the plane looks in MSFS with the lighting/reflections/textures compared to what it looked like when it came out for P3D originally. I wasn't really interested it in for the previous flight sim platforms but it just looks fantastic. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone figure out how to turn on the gyro pilot. I can't get either lever to move, ?

Make sure you are engaging the AP Mechanical Disconnect first. Black handle under the mixture levers.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Tempting, but Im wondering if my 5year old system will handle it.

Can anyone chime in regarding performance.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

27 minutes ago, Khashoggi said:

turn off your popup blocker. A window is trying to open to save the file location but your blocker is stopping it.

Thanks for the tip...👍

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone figure out how to turn on the gyro pilot. I can't get altitude  lever to move, ?

Rob's Tutorial #16.

• Like 2

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

6 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

It's interesting to me to see so many people new to this plane.    It's long been available not just for XPlane but also for P3D...  are you folks who are new to it jumping on it just because it's the first PMDG plane for the new sim and you want something of theirs to mess with even if it's not what your usual fare would be?

I'd also be interested in the opinions of folks who try it who have experience with the P3D version as well.   I bought the P3D edition almost as soon as it was available and I love the thing.  I'm just wondering how they compare, with the exclusion of the obvious fact that the MSFS version is going to look much better.  Thoughts on that?

I am new to the DC-6. There were just too many good planes available for P3D, that's why probably. Then again P3D is really about procedural flying and operating for me, I didn't really get into VFR or something where the "feeling" is important, e.g. old non-glass aircraft like that one. Now in MSFS it really feels alive and looks stunning. Then again, yes, it's the most study level plane available for MSFS and I will buy anything study level no matter the cost, guilty as charged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Rob's Tutorial #16.

See 3 posts above. 😊

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

40 minutes ago, BurdA said:

I'm in the same boat here, purchased about 45 minutes ago; purchase and order number shows in account but nothing received via email except the  "Thanks for Registering"  from PMDG when I created the account. 

Email with license code finally showed up after 58 minutes.  Servers must be humming...

16 minutes ago, Taver said:

Make sure you are engaging the AP Mechanical Disconnect first. Black handle under the mixture levers.

Ah Ha.. Thanks. I am going to have to watch these tutorial videos again.  When I turn the autopilot disconnect on, then the Altitude control can be turned on(up Position) Is that the way it is supposed to work? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It amazing what you can find if you read the manuals.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

People that make a remark like that are clueless. 

That's not nice. You don't know me. I'm just saying that there is a lot to do while flying this plane. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

17 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Rob's Tutorial #16.

OK, it's tutorial #15 on the Gyro Pilot.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310