Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

On 6/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, abrams_tank said:

I think the sales of the DC-6 will be extremely good for PMDG on MSFS.  And if the sales are really good for PMDG, they will shift more of their resources to MSFS away from their other projects.  This could get their Boeing lineup to MSFS even faster.

i think the opposite.  The appeal of the CD-6 will be with a limited group of people.  

3 hours ago, Tierborn said:

i think the opposite.  The appeal of the CD-6 will be with a limited group of people.  

Still, some cashflow in a company helps always.

I have a two-year-old system with most setting maxed out, and it's looking fantastic!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

For those who are still on the fence about this, the B variant makes a pretty good Air Hauler cargo aeroplane. It costs £18,121,088.00 to buy it for your cargo airline, or £2,265,136,00 to lease it, and can carry up to about 26,000 cargo, or if you don't load it up so much, it can go about 4,000 miles.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried Multiplayer years ago when it first began in FS9. What  PIA it was. teenagers running into you on the runway.  LOL>  Never went back. 

A closed multiplayer session with people you know is a great thing

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried Multiplayer years ago when it first began in FS9. What  PIA it was. teenagers running into you on the runway.  LOL>  Never went back. 

To avoid this, JoinFS works very well with MSFS, meaning that the MSFS multiplayer can be left disabled. 

My enthusiasm for flight simulation is very low at the moment, but I have to confess that I would love to be able to fly this PMDG DC6 around the world. I am fed up with modern airliners, but I still want something that is highly detailed and realistic. I can't think of many better options than this plane with it's four huge radial piston engines. I bet they sound awesome!

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My enthusiasm for flight simulation is very low at the moment, but I have to confess that I would love to be able to fly this PMDG DC6 around the world. I am fed up with modern airliners, but I still want something that is highly detailed and realistic. I can't think of many better options than this plane with it's four huge radial piston engines. I bet they sound awesome!

They do sound awesome. And the sounds when landing are equally good. Same here: bored with airliners after learning the details on the Zibo B737 and payware A319 and A321 on X-Plane. 

The DC-6 is complex, in-depth and keeps you on your toes to fly. A very nice choice for an ATW flight ... 👍

She is a stunningly complex creation that can keep you educationally preoccupied for a decade or two. 

Despite this, she has enough assistance on board to get the neophyte up and running in a few minutes with the intro document. 

PMDG is working on the Multiplayer and XBox controller issues and the first fix is already in test.

I liked her in XPL, loved her in P3D and adore her in MSFS. This version has moved the goal posts.

C

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I haven't bought it yet, but have seen on a preview, rain effects are not simulated on the windows at the wipers won't work with the rain. I hope that will be added, it's not important for simulation or operation but would add much atmosphere.

Depite that I think it would be super cool if we could fly this thing in a shared cockpit in the future. Just imagen flying this with three real person. Capt. F/O and Engineer.

17 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I haven't bought it yet, but have seen on a preview, rain effects are not simulated on the windows at the wipers won't work with the rain. I hope that will be added, it's not important for simulation or operation but would add much atmosphere.

Depite that I think it would be super cool if we could fly this thing in a shared cockpit in the future. Just imagen flying this with three real person. Capt. F/O and Engineer.

Rain effects is a simulator issue wipers don't work on any aircraft.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Does anyone know how long the launch price will stay at $ 54,99? Thinking of getting it but not in a major rush and prefer to wait for this first patch/fix anyway.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have just bought it. However, when I want to download it, I put the verification code that has been sent via email into the popup window on the pmdg site, unfortunately nothing happens. How to download it?

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

I have just bought it. However, when I want to download it, I put the verification code that has been sent via email into the popup window on the pmdg site, unfortunately nothing happens. How to download it?

Try a different browser or if you have an adblock extension installed disable it for the site and try again. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Bought it, love it!

I’ve not studied any manuals yet but can still get it up and down in a satisfactory manner and thanks to glimpses at the GPS can even navigate.

Not sure if it has an autopilot that can fly level and straight automatically but until I figure that out it trims nicely and flies straight.

Best add on aircraft I’ve bought, ever (JF XP11 BAe146 is a close second).

And people are cranking out paints, can’t wait to add to the liveries collection (especially Northwest Orient)!