Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I am enjoying this plane so much. What's he difference between the DC6A and DC6B?

6A= Freigher with cargo door

6B= Passenger

Just now, 737_800 said:

6A= Freigher with cargo door

6B= Passenger

Ah! Thank you.

videos like the one bellow (approach phase) suggest that they couldn't escape the basic flaws of the MFS FD...

huge lack of pitch damping, oscillations with no sign of damping whenever the virtual pilot makes adjustments to the flightpath on approach...

it's, together with directional stability, one of the biggest showstoppers for me in this sim 😕

at the very core of the fdm there's something seriously flawed in MFS. i look fwd for when they get dx12 for pc out and can, hopefully, finally concentrate on a deep investigation about what's causing this, with all aircraft i tried until i decided to give up.

this being said, i would surely buy this dc-6 if i was running MFS. looks like a really immersive aircraft, and of the type and era i admire in aviation... surely not pmdg's fault - they have to wait for ASOBO to fix stuff...

MSFS 2020 PMDG DC 6 LFMN to LFKJ , Great experience - YouTube

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

45 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

What fps do you guys have at EDDF (standard version)? I get 23-26fps running a 10850k@4,9Ghz and RAM @4133mhz.

So far I am liking it. Have been doing two landings so far. With the flight engineer on and realistic engine damange off it is pretty easy to fly it. I really enjoy the big windows of this aircraft and is diffenetly some different flying than the usual modern airliners.

Frames are fine on my setup. Steady 30 fps similar to the other ac i use. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

42 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I am enjoying this plane so much. What's he difference between the DC6A and DC6B?

The DC-6 was the original version of which there were two configs, domestic and trans-oceanic where the seating and range varied, but soon they made a lengthened one for freight with a big cargo door and lifting equipment built in and that was the DC-6A, then they made a passenger version of that without the cargo door and that was the DC-6B, then they made a version with more seats in it for shorter domestic use, then they made a more souped up trans-oceanic version of that. Other versions included the DC-6BST which had a swing open tail, but they didn't build many, although one or two were converted to that format as well. Then they made the DC-6C which was a combi version

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

36 minutes ago, jcomm said:

videos like the one bellow (approach phase) suggest that they couldn't escape the basic flaws of the MFS FD...

huge lack of pitch damping, oscillations with no sign of damping whenever the virtual pilot makes adjustments to the flightpath on approach...

it's, together with directional stability, one of the biggest showstoppers for me in this sim 😕

at the very core of the fdm there's something seriously flawed in MFS. i look fwd for when they get dx12 for pc out and can, hopefully, finally concentrate on a deep investigation about what's causing this, with all aircraft i tried until i decided to give up.

this being said, i would surely buy this dc-6 if i was running MFS. looks like a really immersive aircraft, and of the type and era i admire in aviation... surely not pmdg's fault - they have to wait for ASOBO to fix stuff...

Yawn

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I see videos of inside the cabin on the DC6. How to you see that, I can't figure out a camera setting to use. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I see videos of inside the cabin on the DC6. How to you see that, I can't figure out a camera setting to use. 

go to drone view

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

i

This looks like pilot induced pitch oscillations. ILR person would have good biceps workout chasing glide path like that LOL

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Haven't worked my way through the entire thread but after a lot of testing, it seems that FSUIPC may have been causing my CTDs (even after turning off multiplayer).  Loaded without FSUIPC and took off from JFK as well as flew around Chicago and so far no CTDs.  

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I'm not experiencing what you are claiming.

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

I had not time to watch the video, but there are two things two note which are mentioned in the official tutorial videos:

PMDG says that on approach the throttle should not be touched anymore once set due to the engines not liking that, but instead one should use the flaps to keep the glideslope (vary between 30 and 50 degrees, as needed); maybe that could look like oscillations, but I think it is quite stable actually.

And when using the autopilot approaching an altitude, one should softly reduce the climb/sink rate before engaging altitude hold, to avoid pitch oscillation when it holds the altitude.

(But again, I did not watch the video, so I don't know how he is doing things.)

Edited by MarioDonick
  • Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Purchased, run some preflight checks, familarising myself with this labyrith of dials and to my surprise, frames are great. I barely lose 5-10 frames, but of course, I run FS on a single 1920x1080 resolution monitor with a second monitor for Charts etc, so it may change for you. Was really surprised to see how well optimized it is. P.S: Automatic Flight Engineer is...simply a "game" changer.

Problem now is, how the h*** am I gonna go thru 330 pages of POH? I have almost lost the habit XD

Iñigo Bildarratz

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

This looks like pilot induced pitch oscillations. ILR person would have good biceps workout chasing glide path like that LOL

It  does to me, my first landing was nothing like that. He also might not have any curve set .

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

And too high on the approach .. trying to get down .. 1000+ on the VS is the give away .. what you think ?

• Like 2

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ