Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I'm not experiencing what you are claiming.

Neither does he. He's just extrapolating from a random youtube video. 

• Like 5

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

13 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

And too high on the approach .. trying to get down .. 1000+ on the VS is the give away .. what you think ?

You know to me, one can shoot at high angle glide path as long there is stable approach: meaning a harmony between pitch attitude,VS, and IAS without forcing controls . The rest of equation is timely round up. Usually as higher approach as tougher round up.

here is a cool vid of DC-6 landing I found wow

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

44 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

If I had not time to watch the video, but there are two things two note which are mentioned in the official tutorial videos:

PMDG says that on approach the throttle should not be touched anymore once set due to the engines not liking that, but instead one should use the flaps to keep the glideslope (vary between 30 and 50 degrees, as needed); maybe that could look like oscillations, but I think it is quite stable actually.

And when using the autopilot approaching an altitude, one should softly reduce the climb/sink rate before engaging altitude hold, to avoid pitch oscillation when it holds the altitude.

(But again, I did not watch the video, so I don't know how he is doing things.)

Do you really think higher resolution might increase fps? I have an 3090 with 10850k but only 1920x1200px monitor. Could I get better fps when changing to 2k or 4k?

I have been really suprised how much I am enjoining this aircraft. But you're right, the real frustration will come when studying the POH, especially for those without any technical/rl aviation background. Good thing is, you don't have to study if you dont want to, it's works pretty well with the AFE.

7 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Why not include it as a feature to assist newer players ?

No-one would be forced to use it but it would undoubtedly make the plane more approachable .

What requires assistance on a 737, 777, etc?

11 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Do you really think higher resolution might increase fps? 

i think you did not meant to quote me, but another posting?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

4 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

i think you did not meant to quote me, but another posting?

Yeah, sorry, indeed, was going to quote this one:

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Purchased, run some preflight checks, familarising myself with this labyrith of dials and to my surprise, frames are great. I barely lose 5-10 frames, but of course, I run FS on a single 1920x1080 resolution monitor with a second monitor for Charts etc, so it may change for you. Was really surprised to see how well optimized it is. P.S: Automatic Flight Engineer is...simply a "game" changer.

Problem now is, how the h*** am I gonna go thru 330 pages of POH? I have almost lost the habit XD

23 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

You know to me, one can shoot at high angle glide path as long there is stable approach: meaning a harmony between pitch attitude,VS, and IAS without forcing controls . The rest of equation is timely round up. Usually as higher approach as tougher round up.

here is a cool vid of DC-6 landing I found wow

Wow !! That sound !! Goosebumps stuff.

Here is one from 2010 in my country .. Final flight.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

The hangar views are a bit messed up for me.  And I had one system freeze (needed to hard reset PC) when I switched to external view while sitting at a gate. Did not do that the second time. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Wondering if that is simulated in the PMDG (people are dangeriously close to the aircraft):

23 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Wondering if that is simulated in the PMDG (people are dangeriously close to the aircraft):

What in the world happened here???

1 minute ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Pilot error. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Pilot error. 

He got stuck into the gras.

6 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

PROBABLE CAUSE: "The pilot's failure to maintain an adequate glidepath during the approach, which resulted in the airplane impacting rocks and dirt at the runway threshold, a separation of the right main landing gear, and a loss of directional control."

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

6 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

PROBABLE CAUSE: "The pilot's failure to maintain an adequate glidepath during the approach, which resulted in the airplane impacting rocks and dirt at the runway threshold, a separation of the right main landing gear, and a loss of directional control."

Failure to go around with an unstable   approach. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anyone else feel that pmdg dc6 is a bit squirrly on landing? My wings are straight and level, yet when the main gear touch down it almost feels like i got a flat tire on one of them. My view seems slightly diagnonal to the left (like the left side is sinking). She starts to wobble (mostly to the left) and it is extremely easy to end up in lateral oscillation and finally a 180 turn. It might be some wind impacting but i get this even when winds are calm. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78