Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

He didn't look like he was even aligned correctly. I saw the video on the phone so didn't spot the landing gear collapse until saw it on laptop. There was a prop strike as a result, I believe too, right? 

38 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Anyone else feel that pmdg dc6 is a bit squirrly on landing? My wings are straight and level, yet when the main gear touch down it almost feels like i got a flat tire on one of them. My view seems slightly diagnonal to the left (like the left side is sinking). She starts to wobble (mostly to the left) and it is extremely easy to end up in lateral oscillation and finally a 180 turn. It might be some wind impacting but i get this even when winds are calm. 

No, I didn't have such issues at all. 

48 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Anyone else feel that pmdg dc6 is a bit squirrly on landing? My wings are straight and level, yet when the main gear touch down it almost feels like i got a flat tire on one of them. My view seems slightly diagnonal to the left (like the left side is sinking). She starts to wobble (mostly to the left) and it is extremely easy to end up in lateral oscillation and finally a 180 turn. It might be some wind impacting but i get this even when winds are calm. 

I find landing it is a piece of cake. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Takeoff's and landing with this when done right are like silk.

Just watch Roberts Vid's.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

Problem now is, how the h*** am I gonna go thru 330 pages of POH? I have almost lost the habit XD

For myself I found the best (easiest) way of learning is to watch tutorial video's first and after that search the documents for things I don't fully understand, like: wipers, de-icing, blowers...

I found it funny that the wipers need full hydraulic pressure to work 🙂

• Upvote 1

Great addon but how do you get the throttles to move and the yoke? My normal controller settings do not seem to effect the yoke as it remains neutral and throttles also will not move with my controller or mouse?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Great addon but how do you get the throttles to move and the yoke? My normal controller settings do not seem to effect the yoke as it remains neutral and throttles also will not move with my controller or mouse?

Did you remove the controller lock?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, warbirds said:

For yoke make sure gust locks are unlocked.

I can control all the throttles fine with the Honeycomb Bravo, but you do have to do custom setup.

I spent a couple hrs setting up views and controls before seriously flying the DC6. And now I love it.

It would be fine to put all the throttles on one throttle control as that is how to control them anyway, unless you want to simulate engine outs. Mixture and RPM is also set just as one or let the engineer do the work for you like it is done in real life. This is not like flying a big Baron. It is all procedures and checklists with slow methodical adjustments, most of the time.

Watch the tutorial videos and read the POH.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

As for the CTD's, I've turned off FSUIPC, turned all traffic and multiplayer to off in all the settings, and am still hitting a wall, so it's possible there is more than one type of CTD being encountered. Curious to see what ASOBO/PMDG learn the coming work week.

EDIT: I've ruled out user input too as I just had a CTD during climb out without having pressed / manipulated any buttons or switches internal or external. Gonna see if I have a CTD at a random airfield out in Antarctica while sitting on the ramp, engines running, but away from keyboard.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

51 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Did you remove the controller lock?

Yes, thanks. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

53 minutes ago, 177B said:

For yoke make sure gust locks are unlocked.

I can control all the throttles fine with the Honeycomb Bravo, but you do have to do custom setup.

I spent a couple hrs setting up views and controls before seriously flying the DC6. And now I love it.

It would be fine to put all the throttles on one throttle control as that is how to control them anyway, unless you want to simulate engine outs. Mixture and RPM is also set just as one or let the engineer do the work for you like it is done in real life. This is not like flying a big Baron. It is all procedures and checklists with slow methodical adjustments, most of the time.

Watch the tutorial videos and read the POH.

also have the bravo - I ended up putting 2 engines on each lever - then the prop on one - but set the one remaining axis  to the "0-100% mixture axis" - but strangely the mixture levers are not moving - what did you assign to get mixture to work? 

No matter how I set up the throttles they will not move. I have throttle lock off. The mouse also will not select the throttles or move them....help ?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have no issue landing the plane but once I am on the runway it is hard to control. I think I am getting on the brakes too soon and skidding. 

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Landing and taking off are a breeze with the DC-6, follow the advice in the training vids and you wont have a problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,