Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Orbx Iceland Mesh (Freeware)

With the stock mesh there was a water mountain at the end of runway 01 at Akurery.

Thats gone with this mesh.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

yuck , you need orbx central.they are too monopolistic for me, yes i had  alot of stuff in fsx, but always that issue.

12 minutes ago, wim123 said:

yuck , you need orbx central.they are too monopolistic for me, yes i had  alot of stuff in fsx, but always that issue.

I too have been on the fence because of that very reason. Beginning of this year I decided to replace my GEX in P3D with ORBX. Since then I have downloaded a lot of their scenery and I must admit....; I am a fan now. I don't feel hindered in any way because of ORBX Central as I initially feared.

Since PMDG stated they were 'all in' regarding MSFS, I started using that sim and adding ORBX stuff too.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I was also on the fence with their Central - yet another app. I had it with P3D on my previous install but had held off with MSFS.

But for Iceland Mesh I am off the fence and have downloaded it.... seems to work well and I see the value in an app like this managing add on's. I went ahead and purchased Cape Town City Pack while I was about it. Will probably use Orbx more now. Offering a few freebies will play in their favour, as has been the case with me...

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

OrbX central isn't so bad with MSFS, because all it really does is manage the downloads and put the stuff in your community folder (or even just links to the real files your can store elsewhere) and whenever you start it up it checks for updates.

When MSFS released, I was planning on mostly using the marketplace, but as it stands currently, updates for addons still take a while to arrive in the marketplace versions.

Perfect, I have plans to take a trip to Iceland with my TBM, so this update comes at the right time 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Thanks for the HU!

😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

OrbX central isn't so bad with MSFS, because all it really does is manage the downloads and put the stuff in your community folder (or even just links to the real files your can store elsewhere) and whenever you start it up it checks for updates.

When MSFS released, I was planning on mostly using the marketplace, but as it stands currently, updates for addons still take a while to arrive in the marketplace versions.

i took a look at their site and saw they do have some other freebies for msfs, so i guess i will do the central stuff again lol

Is there any conflict between Orbx Iceland mesh and the recent Nordics MSFS update?

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

14 minutes ago, ega said:

Is there any conflict between Orbx Iceland mesh and the recent Nordics MSFS update?

Thanks

None 🙂 it was made with the update in mind. 

EDIT: Spoke too early 😅

Edited by snapshot21

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

12 minutes ago, ega said:

Thanks

Yes, there is a conflict. https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/208343-iceland-mesh-for-msfs/

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case