Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

How to Install PMDG DC-6 3rd Party Liveries?

Anyone got a Step by Step on how to do this?

Not sure how to feed them into the PMDG Op. Center Liveries Section.

T45

10 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Anyone got a Step by Step on how to do this?

Not sure how to feed them into the PMDG Op. Center Liveries Section.

T45

Is it a .ptp file you have downloaded? If so, open up PMDG Operations Centre. Then click "Aircraft and Liveries" at the top. Then choose "Liveries Utilities". Then just make sure your sim is on MSFS and you have chosen the correct installed product (DC6). Then you should see an "Install from PTP File" and you just need to choose the file.

2021-06-19_20-34-00.png

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

Is it a .ptp file you have downloaded? If so, open up PMDG Operations Centre. Then click "Aircraft and Liveries" at the top. Then choose "Liveries Utilities". Then just make sure your sim is on MSFS and you have chosen the correct installed product (DC6). Then you should see an "Install from PTP File" and you just need to choose the file.

2021-06-19_20-34-00.png

Looks like a .zip file, probably requires 7Zip to open.

What happens if its not  PTP?

T45

5 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Looks like a .zip file, probably requires 7Zip to open.

What happens if its not  PTP?

T45

You will need to extract the zip to see what you have. PMDG liveries are normally done via .ptp file. The ones that are on flightsim.to at the moment (3 of them) are all PTP files once you have extracted them. 

• Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I downloaded the DC6A “Buffalo”  texture and it was not the .ptp file type. Similar to P3D livery installs, after opening the zip I simply drilled down to the “texture” folder and copy and pasted into the appropriate aircraft folder. Then copy the included “aircraft.cfg” information into the PMDG “aircraft.cfg”, remembering to change the [fltsimxx] to the next sequential entry (eg. If the last entry was [fltsim03], change it to [fltsim04]. You should be good to go.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Finally a nice and simple way to install liveries. If a livery is not .ptp I wouldn't be interested in it. Having to drill down into folders, copy and pasting stuff, etc. to get a livery ready for us is a crazy process.

11 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Finally a nice and simple way to install liveries. If a livery is not .ptp I wouldn't be interested in it. Having to drill down into folders, copy and pasting stuff, etc. to get a livery ready for us is a crazy process.

It’s rare to see PMDG liveries not be PTP files these days. I think repainters should follow the official method in my own view. 

Matt

I have downloaded  liveries as PTP files and used the PMDG Ops Center without problem, and liveries which are just plain Community placed addons files which also works OK. 

Curious about the difference between the two types. Is there a chance the community folder kind could cause issues vs the PTP version installed with ops center?

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

23 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

I downloaded the DC6A “Buffalo”  texture and it was not the .ptp file type. Similar to P3D livery installs, after opening the zip I simply drilled down to the “texture” folder and copy and pasted into the appropriate aircraft folder. Then copy the included “aircraft.cfg” information into the PMDG “aircraft.cfg”, remembering to change the [fltsimxx] to the next sequential entry (eg. If the last entry was [fltsim03], change it to [fltsim04]. You should be good to go.

This "old" method doesn't work! What do you do of the the "layout and manifest" files included?

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Every time I try to install an add-on livery for the DC-6 , I get a CTD.

Doesn't matter which type.

42 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Every time I try to install an add-on livery for the DC-6 , I get a CTD.

Doesn't matter which type.

If you use the PMDG Ops Center for the ptp file it should work flawlessly! 

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I downloaded and installed a couple of liveries within the community folder without any problem.- Also I used the Ops Center and installed another couple of PTP version liveries 

8 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

This "old" method doesn't work! What do you do of the the "layout and manifest" files included?

Agreed, ya I found that out after I tried to load the livery in MSFS. When I posted I assumed it would work the old way. My apologies, It does work if the folder is placed in the Community folder as a mod, following MSFS’s addon protocols. 

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker