Sign in to follow this  
Mace

JetWays failure

Guest rnails

Hi, I am unable to make the jetways move into position with CTRL+J. I have MyTraffic X installed but they say their planes work with it. Anyone else have this problem? rnails

I know you have to be positioned in the right spot for the jetway to work. Maybe that is the problem you are having.And yes, if the AI aircraft is not configured for the FSX jetways then it won't work. Maybe some of MyTrafficX planes are not setup for this FSX feature?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest rightnumberone

Make sure you have "Advanced Animations" checked.Also, some video cards simply will not display the Advanced Animations.(You probably checked that, but, figured I'd pipe in with some first steps.)You may also want to check this thread for things to cover:http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviat...ead.main/97305/

Are you talking about your aircraft or the AI aircraft?CTRL+J is for the aircraft you fly only.AI aircraft which have a main exit defined in their aircraft.cfg file will automatically be connected to the jetway when they park, and unconnect before they push back.Provided you have an advanced enough video card and the setting right to show the animation.Another significant risk is AFCAD files which can easily break the connection between the parking spot and the visual jetway model.

Guest rnails

Forum Guys, As usual AVSIM forums to the rescue. Advanced animations remained unchecked. I do not fly the heavy iron but wanted to see where my $70 went. Thanks again. rnails

>>Another significant risk is AFCAD files which can easily break>the connection between the parking spot and the visual jetway>model.Could you elaborate on this particular issue?What about straight XML files? How does FSX "know" that your XML file was created via a decompiled AFCAD bgl? I do know that bglxml v1.9 cannot decompile certain records. Is this the problem?Is there some xml structure needed to "restore" a jetway with a particular parking spot?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

The jetway is linked to the parking spot by the two things which Lee Swordy / AFCAD call the Identification AreaThe Area - which will be "Gate G" in many airports, and the Number.Also this combination must be unique on the airport. You can have two Gate A 1 on the airports - but if either is assigned to a jetway - it will never work.If AFCAD or a straight XML file changes those designations and numbers, say to match the real airport designations for the gates - then the jetways will not longer know which parking spot applies to which jetway. To get them to work there must be an XML file with both the new numbers of for the parking spots, and the new numbers in the jetway part of the XML file.The XML file of course must be compiled into a .BGL.We're seeing a lot of people on AI web forums who have "fixed" the gate names with AFCAD, then cannot understand why the jetways quit working.

Guest prdant

Mails, I have My TrafficX and followed their installation instructions. I have hovered over several airports and have observed the AI aircraft attached to the sky bridge and saw them retract prior to take off.

>>We're seeing a lot of people on AI web forums who have "fixed">the gate names with AFCAD, then cannot understand why the>jetways quit working.>I have a different scenario than these other people are seeing. They are attempting to mod airports with existing jetways. Well, no wonder that will muck up things.But what about jetways created from scratch? In other words, MNMG in FSX has ZERO jetways by default. I have endeavored to add six jetways.They appear, but they do not seem to be tied to the gates.I will examine the

Rhett

I solved the little problem. Sometimes I do moronic things. It would have helped, if I had not chopped out my of a jetway sitting there, and it sure looked pretty, and duh, it needed a

Rhett

RhettHere is the actual relationship between a new parking spot and a new jetway.The parking spot I coded using AFCAD is coded GATE 1 for ASA Now the Jetway I made must also be coded GATE 1 and positioned just to the left side of the parked plane. The FSX compiler will not compile a XML if a Jetway exsit without a cooresponding taxiway parking spot code.The FSX compiler does not care where the LAT/LON is for the JETWAY as long as there is a taxiway Parking spot code that matches.Like Reggie says, the Jetway can be on one side of the airport and the parking spot on the other side of the airport and the Jetway will extend and travel (breaking apart at the slip joints) until it reaches the matching parking spot.AFCAD does not have error checking capabilities in its compiler. If someone uses AFCAD to change the GATE 1 parking spot to GATE_A number 1, the Jetway no longer works. The FSX compiler would never let this happen to begin with.

>Rhett>>Here is the actual relationship between a new parking spot and>a new jetway.>Thank you for clarifying this relationship. So GATE 1 in the

Rhett