10 hours ago, severniae said:

So, good and bad news:

F/O now responds when asked for, say, "Flaps 20" - he responds "Flaps 20 selected" - unfortunately, nothing happens.

It will eventually be worked out if and when we eventually start working on interfacing it.

For now, use your Voxkey workaround.

Just be aware, since built-in commands have precedence over custom ones, the commands you add in Voxkey for this purpose must be different by at least one chjarcater. I mean if you use "flaps ten", the built-in code will execute instead. Use something like "ok flaps ten", or "i need flaps ten" so it can be treated as a Voxkey command. Th following are already taken (built-in)

select flaps XX
      select flap XX
      set flaps XX
      set flap XX
      i take flaps XX
      i take flap XX
      give me flaps XX
      give me flap XX
      dial a flap XX
      dial flaps XX
      dial flap XX
      flaps XX
      flap XX

19 minutes ago, FS++ said:

It will eventually be worked out if and when we eventually start working on interfacing it.

For now, use your Voxkey workaround.

Just be aware, since built-in commands have precedence over custom ones, the commands you add in Voxkey for this purpose must be different by at least one chjarcater. I mean if you use "flaps ten", the built-in code will execute instead. Use something like "ok flaps ten", or "i need flaps ten" so it can be treated as a Voxkey command. Th following are already taken (built-in)

select flaps XX
      select flap XX
      set flaps XX
      set flap XX
      i take flaps XX
      i take flap XX
      give me flaps XX
      give me flap XX
      dial a flap XX
      dial flaps XX
      dial flap XX
      flaps XX
      flap XX

Ok, thanks Gerald.  I've set it up so I can ask for 'wing flaps XX' which seems to work quite well.

The good news is the F/O is now recognising the correct speeds for landing gear etc. 

I have all the commands and lvars for the landing gear (and quite a number of other controls /buttons / gauges) too that I use in my own customised 'AFE' implementation. If it will save you time I'd be glad to share them with you, just let me know.

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

On 7/1/2021 at 9:56 AM, severniae said:

Ok, thanks Gerald.  I've set it up so I can ask for 'wing flaps XX' which seems to work quite well.

The good news is the F/O is now recognising the correct speeds for landing gear etc. 

I have all the commands and lvars for the landing gear (and quite a number of other controls /buttons / gauges) too that I use in my own customised 'AFE' implementation. If it will save you time I'd be glad to share them with you, just let me know.

Get latest patch and see if you can get the "built-in commands" for flaps working

22 hours ago, FS++ said:

Get latest patch and see if you can get the "built-in commands" for flaps working

Half way there! 

The lever is working, but unfortunately the flap doesn't actually move.

I saw this when I was creating my script, I think this is what happens when you manipulate the lvar but not the 'axis' that PMDG use in the background..

James W

On 6/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, severniae said:

@FS++Tried a few ways last night to get the F/O to actuate the flaps - no joy I'm afraid.

ipc.control("65698", 16383)

Not using this call (which requires users to own a registered copy of FSUIPC). But it can be done via other means. Obviously 16383 is for full flaps and 0 for flaps up.

Which numbers are you using for other detents (I don't have a copy of the plane yet)?

Thanks

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Not using this call (which requires users to own a registered copy of FSUIPC). But it can be done via other means. Obviously 16383 is for full flaps and 0 for flaps up.

Which numbers are you using for other detents (I don't have a copy of the plane yet)?

Thanks

Here you go - these are what I use to set the flaps:

--Flaps 0
    ipc.control("65698", 0)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 0)
--Flaps 10
    ipc.control("65698", 2735)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 1)

--Flaps 15
    ipc.control("65698", 5455)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 2)

--Flaps 20
    ipc.control("65698", 8191)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 3)

--Flaps 30
    ipc.control("65698", 10927)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 4)

--Flaps 40
    ipc.control("65698", 13597)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 5)

--Flaps 50
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 6)

• Like 1

James W

22 hours ago, severniae said:

Here you go - these are what I use to set the flaps:

--Flaps 0
    ipc.control("65698", 0)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 0)
--Flaps 10
    ipc.control("65698", 2735)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 1)

--Flaps 15
    ipc.control("65698", 5455)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 2)

--Flaps 20
    ipc.control("65698", 8191)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 3)

--Flaps 30
    ipc.control("65698", 10927)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 4)

--Flaps 40
    ipc.control("65698", 13597)
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 5)

--Flaps 50
    ipc.writeLvar("L:dc6_419_obj", 6)

Thank you James.

Re-download the patch and just replace "Simco64_Ldr.exe" this time. Should get the flaps set.

On 6/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, severniae said:

@FS++ Hi Gerald,

I did as requested - you can see the thread here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/133878-multi-crew-experience-dc6

Already getting a few responses in so far, with some interest! 😄

Best wishes,

James

Unfortunately, the PMDG thread that started well, seems to have stalled. Therefore, still not convinced there would be much uptake for this particular aircraft integration into MCE.

Edited by FS++

20 hours ago, FS++ said:

Unfortunately, the PMDG thread that started well, seems to have stalled. Therefore, still not convinced there would be much uptake for this particular aircraft integration into MCE.

I agree. I suspect as soon as PMDG and other top tier developers start releasing other jet aircraft interest in the DC-6 and especially the CS 777 (not worth integrating) will drop off. However the Aerosoft CRJ is well worth integration.

Harry S. | System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

On 7/18/2021 at 12:43 PM, FS++ said:

Fair enough. I can do a lot of commands myself in Lua anyway and call them using MCE so I'll develop that a bit more. Thanks for all the other work anyway. ( I haven't had time yet to try the flaps as I've been travelling with work)

James W