Sign in to follow this  
Burge

MSFS2020 FBW-A320

loading up fbw mod in mce it greys out coordinated checklist & under commands voxscript nothing under copilot related scripts.but the default a320 is fine.

default loads up as Airbus A320 neo Asobo

fbw loads up as Airbus A320NX

running V2.9.2.4

6 hours ago, Burge said:

loading up fbw mod in mce it greys out coordinated checklist & under commands voxscript nothing under copilot related scripts.but the default a320 is fine.

default loads up as Airbus A320 neo Asobo

fbw loads up as Airbus A320NX

running V2.9.2.4

Which livery are you using for the FlyByWire?

You have to ensure it is compatible with FlyByWire V0.61 or higher, as the plane now shows up as a separate one.

Try it with FlyBywire that is directly installed from this page, and not by downloading and copying a folders coming from other places.

https://flybywiresim.com/

Remove older one, including liveries from \Community\ folder before installing above version. Best to stick to "stable V0.6.1".

MCE will work with the Dev version as well, but expect a glitch here and there.

Mate I am running dev v0.6.1 from installer

Found the problem it was the livery i had install for fbw. so how come it will not use livery 

Edited by Burge

36 minutes ago, Burge said:

Mate I am running dev v0.6.1 from installer

Found the problem it was the livery i had install for fbw. so how come it will not use livery 

MCE detects your plane by reading the title name of the aircraft. Some livery creators will change the title name of the aircraft. For example default name in aircraft.cfg is: title = "Airbus A320neo FlyByWire" ;

If it looks like this, title = "super mega livery 404" then you need to change that to something like, title = "Airbus A320neo FlyByWire super mega"

Example aircraft.cfg path for livery: F:\FS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoBA_Multi\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO-a320NeoBADirty_FBW\aircraft.cfg

• Like 1

Thank u very much mate this did my head in for weeks ok mate so what do i need to do to get this working

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[VARIATION]
base_container = "..\FlyByWire_A320_NEO"

;===================== FLTSIM =====================

[FLTSIM.0]
title = "Airbus A32NX Ansett Australia"
model = "AnsettAustralia"
panel = ""
sound = ""
texture = "AnsettAustralia"
description = "TT:AIRCRAFT.DESCRIPTION"
wip_indicator = 2
ui_manufacturer = "FlyByWire Simulations"
ui_type = "A320neo (LEAP)"
ui_variation = "A32NX Ansett Australia"
ui_typerole = "Airliner"
ui_createdby = "Novawing24"
ui_thumbnailfile = ""
ui_certified_ceiling = 39800
ui_max_range = 3500
ui_autonomy = 7
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 5300
atc_id = "VH-HYA"
atc_id_enable = 0
atc_airline = "Ansett"
atc_flight_number = "24"
atc_heavy = 1
atc_parking_types = "GATE,RAMP,CARGO"
atc_parking_codes = ""
isAirTraffic = 0
isUserSelectable = 1

Edited by Burge

44 minutes ago, hadi said:

MCE detects your plane by reading the title name of the aircraft. Some livery creators will change the title name of the aircraft. For example default name in aircraft.cfg is: title = "Airbus A320neo FlyByWire" ;

If it looks like this, title = "super mega livery 404" then you need to change that to something like, title = "Airbus A320neo FlyByWire super mega"

Example aircraft.cfg path for livery: F:\FS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoBA_Multi\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO-a320NeoBADirty_FBW\aircraft.cfg

Thanks for helping Burge.👍

Just for completeness, MCE doesn't expect the exact "Airbus A320neo FlyByWire" string in Livery title (which it reads from the sim). But it needs to see the substring "a320" somewhere  in it. Otherwise will treat it as unknown plane.

I am guessing, a stupid thing like that could get countless users going through the Demo wrongly assuming MCE doesn't support FlyBywire (or even ASOBO A320) because they rushed to download liveries (that use inconsiderate names) and wonder why Fo isn't doing anything.

And since they wouldn't be parting with their cash upfront, they probably won't bother reporting or asking either.

What a mess.😆

Edited by FS++

22 minutes ago, Burge said:

Thank u very much mate this did my head in for weeks ok mate so what do i need to do to get this working

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[VARIATION]
base_container = "..\FlyByWire_A320_NEO"

;===================== FLTSIM =====================

[FLTSIM.0]
model = "AnsettAustralia"
panel = ""
sound = ""
texture = "AnsettAustralia"
description = "TT:AIRCRAFT.DESCRIPTION"
wip_indicator = 2
ui_manufacturer = "FlyByWire Simulations"
ui_type = "A320neo (LEAP)"
ui_variation = "A32NX Ansett Australia"
ui_typerole = "Airliner"
ui_createdby = "Novawing24"
ui_thumbnailfile = ""
ui_certified_ceiling = 39800
ui_max_range = 3500
ui_autonomy = 7
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 5300
atc_id = "VH-HYA"
atc_id_enable = 0
atc_airline = "Ansett"
atc_flight_number = "24"
atc_heavy = 1
atc_parking_types = "GATE,RAMP,CARGO"
atc_parking_codes = ""
isAirTraffic = 0
isUserSelectable = 1

Ok, so you need to change this line

to:

title = "Airbus A320neo Ansett Australia"

7 minutes ago, FS++ said:

I am guessing, a stupid thing like that could get countless users going through the Demo wrongly deducting MCE doesn't support FlyBywire (or even ASOBO A320) because they rushed to download liveries (that use inconsiderate names) and wonder why Fo isn't doing anything.

And since they wouldn't be parting with their cash upfront, they probably won't bother reporting or asking either.

What a mess.😆

I think that is a correct assumption, that users will instantly go and search for liveries as soon as they are up and running with the a320 and it seems like most of the livery makers somehow exclude 320 for some reason.

I'll be loitering in the forums  and help if more questions pop up; hopefully there can be a workaround solution for this

Whilst the .to free add one are nice, it also points to freeware add ones making MSFS into the "Wild West"?

So many Devs adding stuff, we are full of gunslingers busting into the saloons and we download it. Then wonder why we've been plugged! 🤭