Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

DC-6 over the Andaman Sea

My first flight with the PMDG DC-6. It's in "easy mode", so I can enjoy her and look aound at the same time. It was a blast!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 16

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Excellent shots! easy mode? There's several difficulty modes?

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Beautiful shots, she is a real goldi Oldi..😜

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Excellent shots! easy mode? There's several difficulty modes?

The "easy mode" means that the AFE (short for: Artificial Flight Engineer) takes over most of the duties, so that I can concentrate on flying this beauty.

This is, what PMDG says about it: 

Once you have learned the airplane and feel comfortable taking over tasks, your Flight Engineer will gladly relinquish tasks to you and you can operate the airplane entirely on your own, utilizing every switch, knob, lever and circuit breaker that exists in the actual DC-6.  We have included a custom-written manual that includes all of the performance charts and tables to help you manage every phase of flight in complete realism if that is your choice.

When you are ready to really step-up to Total Realism, you can configure the PMDG DC-6's realism settings to simulate the intricacies of power management through fuel and mixture management, oil pressure, cylinder head temperatures, proper combustion, supercharger operation, dynamic simulation of carburetor icing, and hundreds of additional parameters using realistic procedures so as to avoid damage to the engine cylinders, pistons, rings, connecting rods and the all important main bearing.

The PMDG DC-6 is uniquely well suited to a broad range of simulation pilots because you can set it's complexity easily with simple click of a few settings to suit your tastes.  If you want to ease your initial learning and then progress in skill level, the PMDG DC-6 will allow you to do just that and we have even created 20+ tutorial videos on our PMDG Simulations Official YouTube channel to help you learn how to fly this airplane like a pro- no matter what your skill level.

• Like 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

***Beautiful*** What a Gorgeous Model

• Like 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Beautiful....I like the sound of easy mode...there a lot of dials and knobs on that old bird. RTFM I beleive will be the way to go!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

The "easy mode" means that the AFE (short for: Artificial Flight Engineer) takes over most of the duties, so that I can concentrate on flying this beauty.

This is, what PMDG says about it: 

Once you have learned the airplane and feel comfortable taking over tasks, your Flight Engineer will gladly relinquish tasks to you and you can operate the airplane entirely on your own, utilizing every switch, knob, lever and circuit breaker that exists in the actual DC-6.  We have included a custom-written manual that includes all of the performance charts and tables to help you manage every phase of flight in complete realism if that is your choice.

When you are ready to really step-up to Total Realism, you can configure the PMDG DC-6's realism settings to simulate the intricacies of power management through fuel and mixture management, oil pressure, cylinder head temperatures, proper combustion, supercharger operation, dynamic simulation of carburetor icing, and hundreds of additional parameters using realistic procedures so as to avoid damage to the engine cylinders, pistons, rings, connecting rods and the all important main bearing.

The PMDG DC-6 is uniquely well suited to a broad range of simulation pilots because you can set it's complexity easily with simple click of a few settings to suit your tastes.  If you want to ease your initial learning and then progress in skill level, the PMDG DC-6 will allow you to do just that and we have even created 20+ tutorial videos on our PMDG Simulations Official YouTube channel to help you learn how to fly this airplane like a pro- no matter what your skill level.

Cool...it's good to know! 🙂 so i think i'll go checkout. 😉 

Edited by Alaska738

t-l-chargement

5 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***Beautiful*** What a Gorgeous Model

It's not over...wait and see when the 737NG comes out 😉 

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

13 hours ago, ozcanuck55 said:

Beautiful....I like the sound of easy mode...there a lot of dials and knobs on that old bird. RTFM I beleive will be the way to go!!

I think I heard that in one of the videos, where someone said, if you can manage this thing in MSFS, you can fly the real thing too 🙂

• Like 1

The metal dazzles over this sea...beautiful pictures, Bernd...!!

• Like 1

Many thanks for your kind comment, P_7878 !!

beautiful pics

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home