Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

PMDG DC6 and FSUIPC for TQ6

Could anyone using the PMDG DC6 confirm whether or not a throttle quadrant can be set with FSUIPC with no trouble please?

That would be much appreciated. I have not bought the DC6 yet due to this unclear factor. Many thanks.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

there seems to be some issues with fsuipc, look in their own forum.  they recommend fsuipc off....

Yup unfortunately I could not get the DC-6 to play nice with FSUIPC throttle settings.  Not the end of the world, but annoying to have to use the full TQ6 range (ie through the reverse gates).

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

43 minutes ago, regis9 said:

the DC-6 to play nice with FSUIPC throttle settings

Out of curiosity, I read that FSUIPC axes should be sent to sim and then select THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1 and so on for each throttle, did you try this Dave? The more I read, the more I get confused, the only thing I am sure of is that PMDG always preferred not to use FSUIPC for any of their planes, even though all of them can be used with FSUIPC for the throttles, only the DC6 seems to be special and I am hesitating to having to calibrate my GoFlight TQ6 with MSFS, that would be my only plane not using FSUIPC. 

Many thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

4 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Could anyone using the PMDG DC6 confirm whether or not a throttle quadrant can be set with FSUIPC with no trouble please?

That would be much appreciated. I have not bought the DC6 yet due to this unclear factor. Many thanks.

Same for me 😞. I have two Saitek throttle-quadrants and MSFS makes a mess of my bindings. So if I don’t want to configure them every time I go flying I have to use FSUIPC. Pity, because I want to try the DC-6!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWvdH said:

Same for me 😞. I have two Saitek throttle-quadrants and MSFS makes a mess of my bindings. So if I don’t want to configure them every time I go flying I have to use FSUIPC. Pity, because I want to try the DC-6!

cant you just make a special profile , not via fsuipc, just normal controller setting? then you only need to choose that.

16 minutes ago, wim123 said:

cant you just make a special profile , not via fsuipc, just normal controller setting? then you only need to choose that.

Yes, I tried that. The problem is that both quadrants are randomly switched. So when I make a profile with two throttles and a prop control for my left quadrant and the second prop control and two mixture controls for the right one, next time I start MSFS I find the prop and mixtures on the left one. Or not…

I have the same configuration. I saved a profile "DC-6 L" with T1-3 and "DC-6 R" with T4 and P. Works like a charm.

• Like 1

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5,20

4 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Out of curiosity, I read that FSUIPC axes should be sent to sim and then select THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1 and so on for each throttle, did you try this Dave?

I haven’t tried using that assignment, I just use the regular axis_throttle1 (or close to that, not in front of my PC right now) but I’ll try that assignment and see if it works.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU