Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

Hi-hat button camera usage Saitek yoke

18 minutes ago, briansommers said:

When my computer arrives today. I’ll be checking this out right away. 

New rig huh?, you must excited, that's awesome, great for you. So yea, let me know what you come up with on your end.

One more strange thing-the boxes where you make these adjustments, there's like two sections to each settings box, a left & a right, the left side I programmed buttons on Saitek yoke to one of the switches, for left/right, & it worked, and then I added the hi-hat setting also for left/right, in the right side box, and now they both control my left & right views. I'm of course not leaving it like that, but its interesting that there are apparently two active settings within each box. Anyway, best of luck with your new setup.

I only use my stick / throttle 1-2% of a flight during takeoff and landings.  Once I'm on AP it's all my Logitech MX 50 trackball for switching freelook, switching External, really smooth panning. clicking buttons ectera. 

T.Flight Hotas One - Joystick for Xbox One and PC | Thrustmaster 

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball with Tilt Plate

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, wim123 said:

you can easily setup additional user views, ctr + alt + number (0 - 9) assigns, alt + 0-9  recals.

there is absolutely no need for chaseplane at all.

You can set up as many views but the point is it’s not smooth.

mike

4 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

You can set up as many views but the point is it’s not smooth.

mike

Then the question would be what is the framerate on the machine I guess.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I only use my stick / throttle 1-2% of a flight during takeoff and landings.  Once I'm on AP it's all my Logitech MX 50 trackball for switching freelook, switching External, really smooth panning. clicking buttons ectera. 

T.Flight Hotas One - Joystick for Xbox One and PC | Thrustmaster 

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball with Tilt Plate

Regards

bs

very interesting, for the yoke I like the yoke that I have, but that trackball thing you showed looks like excellent idea, so its fairly easy to configure that trackball to POV free movement on FS2020?; if so I think I'm going to purchase it, because that would be much more natural & easy to just roll a finger for viewing. Great post btw, thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Then the question would be what is the framerate on the machine I guess.

Regards

bs

YES, thats true, there is a ruff image right now on my setup when panning, but that trackball sounds like may solve issue.

4 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

very interesting, for the yoke I like the yoke that I have, but that trackball thing you showed looks like excellent idea, so its fairly easy to configure that trackball to POV free movement on FS2020?; if so I think I'm going to purchase it, because that would be much more natural & easy to just roll a finger for viewing. Great post btw, thanks.

Very easy to configure.  I use the wheel click to toggle freelook, and rightclick to reset the view.  I have used trackballs for years so it is very natural for me.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

One great feature of chase plane was the ability to assign multiple views to the same button and then the button would cycle them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ciao!

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

Very easy to configure.  I use the wheel click to toggle freelook, and rightclick to reset the view.  I have used trackballs for years so it is very natural for me.

Cheers

bs

Yes but is it smooth?

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Yes but is it smooth?

Very but I get 60+ fps.

Cheers

bs

Just now, bean_sprout said:

Very but I get 60+ fps.

Cheers

bs

Can you please advise your settings?

Thanks 

mike

Ok, what a nightmare I’ve been having. 

bottom line is you can use all 8 positions on your hat switch to assign to custom views. But it seems a bit twitchy. It might be my old Logitech 3D pro. I have other buttons that I can program that work flawlessly so I can get my 45 deg views inside while flying. Works great shooting a pattern. 

my word, an incredible flight sim. 

• Like 1

Ciao!

On 6/22/2021 at 8:23 PM, briansommers said:

Ok, what a nightmare I’ve been having. 

bottom line is you can use all 8 positions on your hat switch to assign to custom views. But it seems a bit twitchy. It might be my old Logitech 3D pro. I have other buttons that I can program that work flawlessly so I can get my 45 deg views inside while flying. Works great shooting a pattern. 

my word, an incredible flight sim. 

That’s settling to know, pattern flight is important to me, I’ll have to chip away at this.  Thanks for info.