Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

Looks Like They Nerfed Live Traffic Again

A few updates back they improved live traffic where the volume was pretty decent.  I noticed about a day before this latest update the live traffic disappeared altogether.  Post update it's reverted back to the way it was months ago--a plane here or there if you're lucky.  Guess it's back to ai traffic for now, though that seems to impact performance a bit (little less smooth, a few less frames).

Between this and constant lightning/thunder, Asobo seems to struggle with any feature that includes the word 'live'.

Oh well, fingers crossed for next update.

I only did one flight (KPDX-KSEA) with the latest update and there was no traffic at all. I think sometimes it's just broken.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Flying in SW of the UK this morning and no live traffic here.  Only my own radii calls.  Not sure why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Bit like live weather.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Definitely seems to be hit or miss.  I did a flight out of KFLL last week and the airport was so busy it almost felt real (other than the generic traffic models).  My flight the other night was desolate.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No issues here. Philadelphia area is packed solid 

90tVPaG.png

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I’ve found toggling live traffic off and on or switching servers back and forth will kick start it.

I’m still seeing a lot of traffic.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Just landed in Kunming China with about a dozen of aircraft around in the skies. No MP, live traffic.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have noticed over the months that i find Sundays seem to have this issue. Maybe some work is done on the servers, or something similar.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I also am noticing that it's a hit and miss with live AI traffic. It's a real immersion killer for me. I really hope to AIGOCI AI package soon to fill in the gap.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I also am noticing that it's a hit and miss with live AI traffic. It's a real immersion killer for me. I really hope to AIGOCI AI package soon to fill in the gap.

I think that's going to depend on how much cooperation they get from Asobo.

NAX669.png

Seems sporadic for sure. I flew around my home GA airport the other night and recognize several tail numbers based there IRL, including several of my school’s planes. Checked FlightAware and sure enough they were tracking in the sim in near real-time. Other times not so much. When it is working, it is really cool. 

Chris

good! is there a way to accelerate ai planes on taxi? they usually go till the end of the runway and make other landing planes turn around. !!!

thanks!

Looks OK. They're keeping out of your way. You worry too much. 🙂

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.