Sign in to follow this  
KMSAS

WU 5 Nordic Copenhagen scenery POI looks good but rest bad

After WU 5 Nordic the houses in Copenhagen looks melted but the POI looks good, like Amalienborg and the Opera House. I flow over Copenhagen before downloadning WU 5 Nordic, and all was ok. What to do? Am I alone with this problem? 

Keld M

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

When it comes to "what to do", you could do what many of us have done: turn off photogrammetry. The blackshark.ai houses look very good!

It is a trade-off.. in some cities, photogrammetry really adds a lot, in others less so.

Melted houses can also occur if the internet connection is not fast enough to stream the required detail..  If you do not know the area, the blackshark depiction can be very good.. If you do know the area... again... it is a trade-off.

• Like 2

Bert

Turnin off Photogrammetry isn't that bad. I used to fly without it some time and didn't even know it was off. Some day i decided to turn it off to see the difference and yeah...found out it was turned off the whole time. 😄

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is a trade-off.. in some cities, photogrammetry really adds a lot, in others less so.

Melted houses can also occur if the internet connection is not fast enough to stream the required detail..  If you do not know the area, the blackshark depiction can be very good.. If you do know the area... again... it is a trade-off.

My experiences so far has unfortunately been bad with photogrammetry on. Even on the MSFS loading splashscreens I can see the melted effects, although obviously not that pronounced. I have a good, stable 1gbit line so it's not my speed. Could perhaps be the servers some time, but until I decided to just turn it off, I hadn't seen a PG city that appealed to me. I think they look nice, clean and crisp with PG off. 

It's personal preferance though 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

5 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I hadn't seen a PG city that appealed to me. I think they look nice, clean and crisp with PG off. 

I agree that it looks nice and clean.. I mostly fly with it turned off. 😉

However, when I visit Vancouver or Victoria BC, I turn it on again.

Especially since there is nice freeware that fixes the bridges and harbour cranes in Vancouver.

Having said that, I like the DD Seattle City a lot better than the photogrammetry version.. 

Clunky, having to turn it on and off, but that seems to be current state of play..🙂

• Like 1

Bert

Thank’s alot for your suggestions. I will try to turn PG off to see if that make a difference. 

Keld M

I think you people doth protest too much about the melted look.

I'd rather have PG with its current shortcomings, than AI generated buildings. Because PG shows you how the buildings actually look like and special architectural details that the AI can't replicate are there just as they are in real life.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Are people actually pausing the sim and staring intently at these 'offences to the sensitivities'? I don't see them. Sure, I see the glaring fault lines where one set of 'however they get these pictures' doesn't match the next set. Maybe it's my bleary old eyes don't get the detail anymore...

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'd rather have PG with its current shortcomings, than AI generated buildings

Same here - I wish they'd improve it, but I'd much rather this than AI

I just realized last night while watching a Youtube video about the update, that I missed running this update from the Marketplace. I did the intial 1.2 GB and 5.3 GB update and I thought that was it. Forgot to look in the Free Listings, and there sat the WU 5 update not installed. It was another 3.something GB.s No wonder I didn't notice any changes flying around that area this weekend. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310