Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Rumors say that the PMDG DC-6 is out

We need a new clean thread, don't we ?

Just completed my first firing up of the 4 Double Wasp. Proud 🤣

• Like 12

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A tip, if anyone hasn't noticed this. The AFE after takeoff disables the hydraulic bypass by pulling the lever up. The reason is it is not needed if landing gear and flaps in cruise are not called for, and it saves wear on the hydraulic pump. Now if you are ready to slow down when beginning  descent, you will notice that the flaps won't deploy. You have to move the Hydraulic By Pass lever to the down position, and it is the black lever under the flaps handle. Then the flaps will work. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Folks please don't feed the trolls! Simply put them to the Ignore List and enjoy MSFS!

troll.jpg

• Like 3

Just completed my first flight into nasty weather in Hamburg... That was really amazing... Love it...

Cheers T.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

We need a new clean thread, don't we ?

so it would be a good idea to leave it clean.

• Like 2

Oh, you guys are asking for trouble again!   First sign of trolling, arguing, etc and the hammer falls! :ph34r:☠️

• Like 5

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The only issue I had was cracking each throttle at a time. Using the mouse was cumbersome after so many years  using the warthog for mono or bi-engines. 

There should a way to toggle the throttle to assign it a to a specific engine as required. Now it is all the four at the same time with the Warthog... or the mouse.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have a good question ! For those of you who own the bravo or similar, how do you configure the levers for this particular plane ? 2 or 4 for the throttles ? The mixture ? the props ? Thank you  🙂

Just now, webstef68 said:

I have a good question ! For those of you who own the bravo or similar, how do you configure the levers for this particular plane ? 2 or 4 for the throttles ? The mixture ? the props ? Thank you  🙂

Left axis to prop axis, right axis to flaps, the four in between to throttles.
We are lucky the real aircraft also has just a single prop lever, and mixture lever is not really necessary.

Take care to select the first prop axis for each engine, not the 0-100% ones, because they don't work. Also the axes must be reversed.
The TOGA button can be used to engage the prop reverse.

If you live in the USA, you could order 2 more GA throttle levers from the Honeycomb shop. The jet levers function but are not really suitable for this aircraft.

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

So far having lots of fun with this aircraft, at least taking off and flying.

Landing...not so much (yet).  I tried winging the descent but ended up being too high and too fast. This aircraft will teach you the value of a stable approach.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Started my world tour EGPE (Inverness, Scotland) Travelling along the coastline as much as possible, and landed at LPFR (Faro Portugal ) a short while ago... This is my go to plane to fly, absolutely loving it.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It is funny how perception and reality can be such polar opposites. I had zero desire for this plane and now i think it is all i really need. Spent 30 minutes last night just getting to the point where all 4 engines were running, checking gauges throughout to ensure each was healthy. And after each fired up i took in the amazing sounds, look of the propeller, etc. Various parts of the cockpit are shaking, gauges are twitching. This thing is a time machine. It really sucks you in. 

Well done PMDG! 

• Like 10

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I have done one circuit around ESGG and then I did a short flight from KORD to KRFD and managed both times to land successfully. However, I literally did nothing other than take off, fly the plane, and then land it. I have not yet had time to watch the YouTube tutorials so I am sure I am doing everything completely wrong, but at least I didn't crash. One thing I notice is that the plane climbs at only about 160-180 knots indicated airspeed, and doesn't climb very fast. Is this correct or will I learn from the videos that I am doing something wrong? Just curious as to how poorly I am operating her at the moment. Also, is there a way to view the GPS with the normal virtual cockpit view? It seems like I have to keep changing views to see the GPS and so I am not able to fly by just following the route.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

50 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Landing...not so much (yet).  I tried winging the descent but ended up being too high and too fast. This aircraft will teach you the value of a stable approach.

Good Youtube Tutorials on Descent and  Landing by PMDG. Covers everything

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

49 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

DC-6 will need 5NM to loose 1000ft. You need also to calculate round about 20NM extra to slow the aircraft to landing speed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1