Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Your analysis required!

What do you think alien investigators...

Appears to be a white glow with several red lights along the top. An aircrafts strobe and red recognition lights is one possibility, but why 8 red lights along the top? 

The aspect of the multiple photos that bothers me is that the object appears to be moving in a straight line at a steady speed (assuming that the photos were taken at roughly equal time intervals). Whenever I see that, my brain tells me that it is something normal and explainable. That, and the fact that he mentions hearing the sound of an engine.

The extreme brightness is the one element that seems a bit strange to me....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Unless you know the distance and, therefore, the size of the object, you can't really draw any conclusions and, unless you know the camera settings, you don't how bright the object really is.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

A bit too blurry and far away to really form a sensible conclusion.

Are the series of red lights external lights or windows , is the large area of white light actually that size or is it flared in the camera lens?

It doesn’t look like an aircraft, but it’s a zoomed in low light image   Lots of potential for things to distort I would have thought. As Christopher says if there was the noise of an engine it’s most likely an aircraft.

If you knew where and when it was taken exactly I wouldn’t be surprised if a review of historical Flightradar24 showed a regional turboprop  airliner passing over.

It doesn’t seem to be doing anything too spectacular in terms of speed or manoeuvres. 

But the squawking of those teenage kids is enough to make me think that disclosure might not be a good idea.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I'm very skeptical about this one.

These folks have their youtube channel in order to make money.  They have a store where currently they're trying to sell T-shirts.  Anything they can do to bring them more publicity will increase their chances to make more ad revenue and bring more viewers to their channel.

Over the years I have seen many videos and photos of UFOs that seemed legit from folks who seemed genuine, only to discover later that it was all a hoax.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Just more YouTube clickbait.......

• Like 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

2 hours ago, jon b said:

If you knew where and when it was taken exactly I wouldn’t be surprised if a review of historical Flightradar24 showed a regional turboprop  airliner passing over.

It was near Montello, Wisconsin at 9:22 pm and probably looking west. If that translates into 3:22 UTC, then there was an Airbus H145 air ambulance about 10 km to the west, flying from north to south at about 2600 ft.

Even though I have a brilliant mathematical mind, I still have a problem converting other folks' local time into UTC, especially when Daylight Saving Time is involved. I think Einstein had the same problem.

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dugald Walker

An air ambulance  helicopter you say?

Well that would account for the down pointing beam  light which is typical of helicopters rather than the more horizontal beam you’d see from the landing lights of a fixed wing.

I don’t know , but based on that there’s certainly a reasonable chance it was a more earthly based craft.

I live in the hills and we often get the S-92 SAR helicopter over at night on exercise with its big spot lights on. If you didn’t know what it was that can look pretty alarming !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The aspect of the multiple photos that bothers me is that the object appears to be moving in a straight line at a steady speed (assuming that the photos were taken at roughly equal time intervals). Whenever I see that, my brain tells me that it is something normal and explainable. That, and the fact that he mentions hearing the sound of an engine.

The extreme brightness is the one element that seems a bit strange to me....

That was my thinking to Chris. The extreme brightness might simply be that it's over exposed.

I was thinking red recognition light but they usually flash and they aren't in a line of 8. 

Unless it's some kind of airship. 

23 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I was thinking red recognition light but they usually flash and they aren't in a line of 8.

Do you think the shutter speed would have been about 1 second. In that time, a helicopter, for example, at 60 mph would travel 88 feet and would create an elongated image so maybe the line of 8 is an illusion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dugald Walker

I think that is a reasonable explanation, Dugald.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That's nothing. I saw Casper the friendly ghost yesterday and he said lets have a beer next time I see you.

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

11 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Do you think the shutter speed would have been about 1 second. In that time, a helicopter, for example, at 60 mph would travel 88 feet and would create an elongated image so maybe the line of 8 is an illusion.

Don't think so. If that were the case the red light would be a continuous red streak. Not 8 seperate red points.

Same would apply to the white light, it would be a long streak.

The guy claimed he was shooting his house at night, in which case he was exposing for the house illumination. So I'm thinking the exposure would have been more like a 30th or 60th of a second so slow enough to exaggerate the intensity of the objects illumination. But not slow enough for a significant blur.

I think the helicopter explanation is probably correct but the individual 8 red lights it doesn't explain.

We cant rule out a bit of tinkering of course to make it look like individual red lights when it was a streak.

Is it significant that those red lights are not visible in all of the photos?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is it significant that those red lights are not visible in all of the photos?

Yes. The red light is flashing fast enough to look like solid flashes to the naked eye. But to a camera with a setting of, say 8th second exposure time, the flashing stage if at, say 50Hz for argument's sake, will show around 8 pulses in 12th second. So in one shot the red light is on.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com