Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

NO add-on's in Steam store & NO C172??

Hi all, please help, I just switched from years of XP to FS2020 2 days ago. I purchased the deluxe Seam version of the sim.

First thing-I do not see any standard C172' s in the default aircraft inventory, not ones without the G1000, I want the older one, the C172SP, which is like the most popular training aircraft, so dont understand why they dont have it by default.  

2nd thing-there is ZERO add-on's available in the Steam store for FS2020, unless I'm missing something?? There is however about 270 add-on's for the older FSX-Steam sim, but when you click on "store" for FS2020, there is absolutely nothing. I only see add-on's available in the marketplace section when inside the FS2020 program itself, & even in there, there is no C172SP non G1000. So this all is very crazy & strange to me, anyone have any insight into this? Thanks much.

7 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

Hi all, please help, I just switched from years of XP to FS2020 2 days ago. I purchased the deluxe Seam version of the sim.

First thing-I do not see any standard C172' s in the default aircraft inventory, not ones without the G1000, I want the older one, the C172SP, which is like the most popular training aircraft, so dont understand why they dont have it by default.  

2nd thing-there is ZERO add-on's available in the Steam store for FS2020, unless I'm missing something?? There is however about 270 add-on's for the older FSX-Steam sim, but when you click on "store" for FS2020, there is absolutely nothing. I only see add-on's available in the marketplace section when inside the FS2020 program itself, & even in there, there is no C172SP non G1000. So this all is very crazy & strange to me, anyone have any insight into this? Thanks much.

No idea about the Steam Store.

The delux edition includes 5 additional planes:

• Beechcraft Baron G58
  • Cessna 152 Aerobat
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk
  • Diamond DA40 TDI
  • Diamond DV20

If you do not have these 5 planes then you have only installed the Standard Edition. Go into Content manger and see what it says about the Deluxe addon. Is it installed ?

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

No idea about the Steam Store.

The delux edition includes 5 additional planes:

• Beechcraft Baron G58
  • Cessna 152 Aerobat
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk
  • Diamond DA40 TDI
  • Diamond DV20

If you do not have these 5 planes then you have only installed the Standard Edition. Go into Content manger and see what it says about the Deluxe addon. Is it installed ?

Hmm, ok, I will check that out, I know I clicked download when I paid the $119 for the deluxe, but yea, I see the 152, & maybe the Diamonds, but the only other Cessna is the 182 Skylane I think....ok, so I'll look into what you said, thanks much.

I am not sure if the Steam store will ever offer addons. At the moment there are two ways to purchase addons:

• The marketplace (in-game)
  • Directly from the suppliers (or simmarket)

As the previous poster mentioned, if you do not have these aircraft, then you either did not purchase the Deluxe version of you still have to install them via the contant manager. In some cases you need to "buy" them via the marketplace first.  If  you are eligible, they can be purchased for free.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

You say Deluxe but you said you paid $119.99. You actually have the premium deluxe then

Premium Deluxe

Additional Aircraft
• Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
• Diamond Aircraft DV20
• Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
• Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
• Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
• Cirrus Aircraft SR22
• Pipistrel Virus SW 121
• Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude
• Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

30 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I am not sure if the Steam store will ever offer addons. At the moment there are two ways to purchase addons:

• The marketplace (in-game)
  • Directly from the suppliers (or simmarket)

As the previous poster mentioned, if you do not have these aircraft, then you either did not purchase the Deluxe version of you still have to install them via the contant manager. In some cases you need to "buy" them via the marketplace first.  If  you are eligible, they can be purchased for free.

Ok, thanks much, I'm def going to look into this tonight. I'm surprised they dont have add-on's in Steam for FS, considering the 270 they have for the older version lol, but ok, thanks either way.

23 minutes ago, styckx said:

You say Deluxe but you said you paid $119.99. You actually have the premium deluxe then

Premium Deluxe

Additional Aircraft
• Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
• Diamond Aircraft DV20
• Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
• Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
• Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
• Cirrus Aircraft SR22
• Pipistrel Virus SW 121
• Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude
• Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra

wow, thanks for this reference list, I appreciate it much, I'll check later to see if I still have to download more, & then try to figure out how, ya would think there would be a big icon called "download more cool stuff for your sim right here' in big bold letters, but apparently not lol. 

I think so far its easier to fly a real airplane then to tweak things here on FS, but I'm learning.

3 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

wow, thanks for this reference list, I appreciate it much, I'll check later to see if I still have to download more, & then try to figure out how, ya would think there would be a big icon called "download more cool stuff for your sim right here' in big bold letters, but apparently not lol. 

I think so far its easier to fly a real airplane then to tweak things here on FS, but I'm learning.

It's not really that hard. Every sim has a learning curve. When I flew XP after migrating from P3D I had the same deer in headlights approach but forged ahead and learned. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

One thing I will warn you about, do not EVER have Steam validate files for MSFS - it will delete your entire installation and only leave the launcher in the "validated" state and ready to go download the whole thing all over again. This happened to MANY people, including myself. So... Forget about Steam altogether other than launching the sim. Everything else is done WITHIN the sim or by buying add-ons directly from developers. Or Orbx Central (which I HIGHLY recommend, they even have some freebies for MSFS)... Also, the in-sim Marketplace has freebies too! The Aerosoft Padderborn airport and some other stuff. Make sure to download all the World Updates. They are FREE in the Marketplace and will greatly improve many areas. But you have to do a free purchase and download quite a bit more content. Enjoy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

yea, you're right, i'll dive into this tonight, thanks.

When you do, pay a visit to www.flightsim.to This is the go to place for add-ons and it is all FREE. Some of the best add-on’s are to be found here. Just search by most popular to get yourself started.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

Awesome, thanks, I'll def check that out. I assume one can get add-on's even with the Steam edition?

ofcourse, via the ingame shop or direct form vendors, lil warning about ingame shop, fixes for the planes there can take loong to

appear, so i buy now only direct form vendors.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

One thing I will warn you about, do not EVER have Steam validate files for MSFS - it will delete your entire installation and only leave the launcher in the "validated" state and ready to go download the whole thing all over again. This happened to MANY people, including myself. So... Forget about Steam altogether other than launching the sim. Everything else is done WITHIN the sim or by buying add-ons directly from developers. Or Orbx Central (which I HIGHLY recommend, they even have some freebies for MSFS)... Also, the in-sim Marketplace has freebies too! The Aerosoft Padderborn airport and some other stuff. Make sure to download all the World Updates. They are FREE in the Marketplace and will greatly improve many areas. But you have to do a free purchase and download quite a bit more content. Enjoy! 

Thanks, that all sounds awesome, but I noticed something, maybe I'm wrong, but you know how there is a difference between the older FSX & the new FS2020 right, so I too was thinking about Orbx, so I just went to their site & was looking at the scenery enhancers like Central & the other ones, but noticed they were for FSX, not FS2020, under FS (Microsoft Flight Simulator they call it), under that, I saw no Central or Global Base, Vector or North America, but I'll look again.

4 minutes ago, wim123 said:

ofcourse, via the ingame shop or direct form vendors, lil warning about ingame shop, fixes for the planes there can take loong to

appear, so i buy now only direct form vendors.

Hmm, good point, I'll keep note of that, thanks.