Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If you care about having ILS Freq in the G3000 MFD...

... working correctly please go to this thread at Orbxsystems.com and hit the LIKE button or comment and perhaps Orbx will take the effort to fix this.  I've tried my hardest to get their attention but it seems to largely fall on def ears and I won't buy one more airport from Orbx until they resolve this.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/208405-have-you-taken-steps-to-stop-omitting-ils-freq-in-your-airports/?do=findComment&comment=1768098

If you don't care, please don't go there and dis the idea.  I really appreciate not needing to look up and input ILS freq and virtually all default airports work correctly in this regard, and as mentioned FSDT and Roman Designs took the effort to get it right.

Thanks

• Like 6

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I first misunderstood this thread and thought orbx airports had no ILS frequencies at all.

Now I see it is just about autotuning them. Which is certainly a nice feature, but nowhere as critical as you make it sound in your slightly demanding manner in that thread...  

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 hour ago, MarioDonick said:

Now I see it is just about autotuning them. Which is certainly a nice feature, but nowhere as critical as you make it sound in your slightly demanding manner in that thread...  

Spot on!  When I gained my instrument rating we were not only required to tune NAV freqs ourselves, LOL, we also learned Morse Code and were required to listen to each NAV freq and identify the NAV call sign.  I still occasionally do that out of habit.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

I first misunderstood this thread and thought orbx airports had no ILS frequencies at all.

It's a basic feature that all of the stock MSFS airports have, and that accurately simulates the feature set of the G3000 avionics suite (having an internal database with accurate airport info). Just because you think it's not that important doesn't make it less of a bug or oversight.

I mean, even most freeware addon airports manage to include this, so I see no reason why I should accept OrbX just ignoring this in a product that I pay for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I mean, even most freeware addon airports manage to include this, so I see no reason why I should accept OrbX just ignoring this in a product that I pay for.

Good to know I did not know that.  It's ORBX's loss I certainly won't buy another product from them until they take the effort to restore this functionality.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, Noel said:

Good to know I did not know that.  It's ORBX's loss I certainly won't buy another product from them until they take the effort to restore this functionality.

It's a fundamentally different approach to product development. OrbX (and many other payware developers) essentially start with eye-candy and add functionality later (if at all).

I was testing the early versions of the freeware addon that puts the missing Stuttgart airport into MSFS. The first thing these guys did was put a runway there, add taxiways and parking spots and then tested the thing until everything, ATC, ground services, ILS selection and autotune and every taxiway direction from ATC worked perfectly, BEFORE even starting to put buildings there.

What really annoys me is that almost no one on the forums seems to notice these problems, probably because most people there aren't using the stock ATC or other core functionalities of the sim. I suspect that installing Navigraph might also cover up the problem, so to speak, because it adds its own nav database (and maybe airport data) that replaces the native MSFS stuff.

I will continue to patronize those who take the effort and at this point I've unsubscribed to news from Orbx.   Never did care for their 'support' and could care less if they up and die at this point.  I've given them plenty of money over the years and they have a habit of shutting down any threads that point out their shortcomings as they just did.  I started this request 8 months ago, took my time to be polite and helpful, and that's as far as it got.  Hasta la Bye Bye Orbx lots of other devs to support.

Noel

22 minutes ago, Noel said:

I will continue to patronize those who take the effort and at this point I've unsubscribed to news from Orbx.   Never did care for their 'support' and could care less if they up and die at this point.  I've given them plenty of money over the years and they have a habit of shutting down any threads that point out their shortcomings as they just did.  I started this request 8 months ago, took my time to be polite and helpful, and that's as far as it got.  Hasta la Bye Bye Orbx lots of other devs to support.

Man you sound like a smug butt here. Just like you did back in the CYOW thread.

Edited by Tuskin38

Yep the eye candy is good but the functionality is just as important. I also get why a pilot should know how to manually put the frequencies in but if the Garmin was designed to have the autotune then i think the developer should ensure that remains. You don't subtract features and claim realism as an excuse. Let the end user decide. With this knowledge I'll keep a list of scenery designers who ensure that the autotune works in their packages. I don't need a package that forces a particular way of doing things when there was more than one option in the first place. Especially if the Garmin was designed in a way to have the frequencies in the database IRL. If the Garmin units IRL have a running database where you can select the frequencies and with that selection it tunes it for you then  Orbx basically effectively removed the frequencies from the Garmin database when you use their airport addon. 

No thanks

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

29 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Yep the eye candy is good but the functionality is just as important. I also get why a pilot should know how to manually put the frequencies in but if the Garmin was designed to have the autotune then i think the developer should ensure that remains. You don't subtract features and claim realism as an excuse.

And no one can really claim realism as an excuse here. The G3000 has a nav database with infos on frequencies of any airport, that's the entire point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Man you sound like a smug butt here. Just like you did back in the CYOW thread.

I don't care how I sound I like to be 100% clear, especially towards developers as IMO it's up to them to court customer loyalty.   But this is classic Orbx so yes, good riddance I don't need or want them.  At least Roman stuck with it and solved the issue, we parted on good terms, and I bought CYOW to honor that.  Further, I've recommended his work to many others.  

Noel

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I don't care how I sound I like to be 100% clear, especially towards developers as IMO it's up to them to court customer loyalty.   But this is classic Orbx so yes, good riddance I don't need or want them.  At least Roman stuck with it and solved the issue, we parted on good terms, and I bought CYOW to honor that.  Further, I've recommended his work to many others.  

If you talk rude like you do, very few people will take your feedback seriously.

Being polite goes a lot further in the world.

Edited by Tuskin38

I was polite and helpful multiple times if you review the entire history there:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/200707-ksba-ils-freq-for-07-is-missing-from-the-mfd-freq-section-in-tbm930g3000-avionics/?do=findComment&comment=1715387

Seriously, go read this thread which I took time and effort and tell me all about how rude I was.  Again, I really don't care any longer about Orbx they're not worth the effort quite clearly.

Noel

The last reply from Orbx on Monday, two days ago, would tend to suggest that your issue is being investigated.

Hello, we are in discussion about this at present.

and that your subsequent extensive negative posting here is neither necessary, nor accurate.

Edited by Reader