Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SPOILER ALERT!!!! CAP rescue mission help

the CAP mission is driving me nuts!! Here's a few random lines of text so the readers of this forum don't see what's happening in the preview on the website...blah blah daaaah ddaaaaah I love flying woohoo......................OK, what is up with the engine in the CAP rescue mission?!?!? It's horrible, I lose power a lot and nothing I do remedies the problem. I turn on pumps, cycle the throttle, mess with mixture settings, carb heat (there is none modeled), I guess I haven't checked mags yet, will do next time I load that mission...I'm crusing at around 7,500 when I pass the old mine and can BARELY climb over the mountains to turn point 2 or whatever.... Not to mention when my engine loses almost all power I have to descend or stall to the ground, no choice there..Is this part of the mission or what??!?!?!?Uggh...if this was fairly real, my safety pilot and I would have A) noticed that the other CAPflight plane called in with some bad fuel and they are landing ASAP....duuuh, we filled up with the same avgas and it's prolly contimated too.... Why don't I have the option to land in this mission and get some new fuel? Jeeese

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest mtlmtl

To get the power you must use the alternate air switch. It can only be enabled from one of the 2d views I think, and is located on the lower dash area. Hope you find the lever, I had the same problem once with icing.Matt

Guys.....see, I've done this....I swear it must not work in VC though....what the heck? That's really annoying, for a simulation that's pushing VC's to not even be able to operate those switches in VC mode....GRRRRGood, at least it would have fixed the problem if I pulled the lever.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |