Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Virtualcol - Embraer out now

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

My opinion is if you use stock Asobo avionics it should be freeware. 

Is PMDG DC-6 included in that? Cause it uses default Asobo GNS430. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

That is because no one is able to use the Garmin Trainer in MSFS2020. Pity, but that's the situation!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

31 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That is because no one is able to use the Garmin Trainer in MSFS2020. Pity, but that's the situation!

Oh yeah, I am not questioning their reasons. I am just responding to the cat who said if anything uses stock Asobo avionics, it should be freeware. 😉

5 hours ago, Car147 said:

I feel sorry for the new comers, as they wont know what's worth buying and what not to touch.

The quickest rule of thumb a newcomer can learn.. If it's for sale on SimMarket there is a 90% chance it's trash 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

15 minutes ago, styckx said:

The quickest rule of thumb a newcomer can learn.. If it's for sale on SimMarket there is a 90% chance it's trash 

Utter nonsense.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, styckx said:

"Quickest rule of thumb, if the guy is from New Jersey, there is a 90% chance he's a troll".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Car147 said:

I feel sorry for the new comers, as they wont know what's worth buying and what not to touch.

Maybe the best thing that some newcomers could do is to ignore this forum. I've seen YouTube videos of people completely enjoying the CS 757. If they had read this forum they might have missed out on all that enjoyment. The majority of simmers out there are nothing like the regulars in here. They are also a huge segment of MSFS users compared to the relatively tiny segment in here. Just because they have different expectations, or different ways of enjoying the sim doesn't make them someone to feel sorry for. Lots of them probably get just as much joy out of the CS757 or Virtualcol Embraer as you do with a PMDG. And lots of them probably don't want to deal with that complexity. to each their own.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Ha ha ha; I almost lost my morning coffee.

2 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

"Quickest rule of thumb, if the guy is from New Jersey, there is a 90% chance he's a troll".

Lol.

1 hour ago, desbean said:

Maybe the best thing that some newcomers could do is to ignore this forum...The majority of simmers out there are nothing like the regulars in here.

Truer words were never spoken. It's actually the other way 'round: avsim posters are the weird outliers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, desbean said:

Maybe the best thing that some newcomers could do is to ignore this forum

Cant argue with THAT LOL

• Upvote 1

Although I am not too impressed with the sound loops, it is Virtualcol, so you simply need to understand what you are getting for your money.

Some of the comments on here about using default gauges in aircraft, and about purchasing from Simmarket are just plain silly. 
I quickly lose respect for the opinions when they are so generally dismissive like that - I can't take them seriously. 

For some people the world is just black or white with no shades in between. 
We all know it doesn't work like that, and people who have that outlook end up getting very stressed, normally over nothing that is too important!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Cant argue with THAT LOL

lol  actually I was reading another forum this morning...  and I quote...

"Haven't had a chance to see what they say on AVSIM about this add-on yet..."

"Oh the usual people trashing it saying it's worthless and a con and unuseable.."

"Oh OK.. I'll buy it later then,  after all, they even trashed the DC6 for texturing and a couple of things, so if they hate it's probably fine."

Made me chuckle 🙂

Graham

• Like 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

7 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I may well be on the wrong track here but for the life of me, I simply cannot find a stock standard or updated DC6 in real life, sporting anything like a GTN anything.  The original pilots/aircrew of the real thing knew how to navigate with out these modern amenities.  It is therefore, just a "sop" to simmers and really just an additional modern navigation device.  Hey, this is just my personal opinion so don't re-arm with missiles to shoot me down.

I think that if real world pilots or real world simmers want absolute realism (and I think that PMDG nail this aspec .... I am not an owner or consumer by the way) they would be ignoring this "add on" anyway.

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The reviews look great!

"Horrible quality. The videos don't address most of the issues. No documentation. No support forum."

and

"I am posting this only for two purposes - to give a heads up to potential buyers and for a hope that VirtualCol sees this and can at least fix the biggest issue.

The biggest issue:
This aircraft uses the CJ4, A320, and Boeing avionics mix. THAT makes it completely incompatible with a hugely popular Working Title CJ4 mod (that may soon find its way into the core sim, since WT are now working for Asobo). The A320 FMC (which literally says A320 on it - at least Bredok3D was able to get theirs to say 737 MAX) has the flight plan entered into it, but the Collins ProLine PFD says NO FLIGHT PLAN. This makes it completely impossible to use autopilot. So unless VirtualCol can fix this, flying this aircraft requires a removal of WorkingTitle CJ4, and I don't see that happening considering it's hugely popular and turns the default CJ4 into a high-fidelity business jet. So, beware of this.

Other than that...This aircraft is not a good release - texture work and everything about it looks really bad - the cockpit door is so pixellated, it's really awful to look at when you turn around. Everything in the cockpit looks like some artificial looking plastic and the seats in the cabin look like tombstones. Everything in cold and dark starts in weird positions - AutoBrakes on 3? When you enable NAV on ground, APPR automatically lights up?

The developer is clear that this is NOT a study-level aircraft. It doesn't need to be, but at least make it simple and good - everything works, and everything is believable. This is anything but that. So unfortunately, unless things improve, I can not recommend this."

Knowing SM they will get taken down fast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

flying this aircraft requires a removal of WorkingTitle CJ4, and I don't see that happening considering it's hugely popular and turns the default CJ4 into a high-fidelity business jet. So, beware of this.

Blame asobo for going to the new system with gauges, p3d and fsx had a nice panel.cfg type sytem which would allow this.