Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

How many flight hours have you logged in MSFS?

How many flight hours have you logged in MSFS?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. How many flight hours have you logged in MSFS?

• 0 - 49 hours
    • 50 - 99 hours
    • 100 - 149 hours
    • 150 - 199 hours
    • 200 - 249 hours
    • More than 250 hours

On 6/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, WestAir said:

Don't feed the trolls. We have enough locked threads because of guys responding to guys like him.

I am not a troll. Although I dont see why I should explain myself. However,  the reason is, that I have only a limited monthly download allowance, plus, my internet speed is in the KB's. Therefore, it would take days to download the sim, and overrun my allowance.

I didn't realize what a toxic place this has become, just because of my original answer.

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

5 hours ago, Freo said:

I am not a troll. Although I dont see why I should explain myself. However,  the reason is, that I have only a limited monthly download allowance, plus, my internet speed is in the KB's. Therefore, it would take days to download the sim, and overrun my allowance.

I didn't realize what a toxic place this has become, just because of my original answer.

Hi Neil,

First of all I want to apologize. I wrongly assumed you were the one being toxic, and that's on me. I hope someone makes some really good ORBX like mods for people with internet concerns; If anything that will help all of us in 2-3 decades if Microsoft stops streaming.

Have a good evening.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

15 hours ago, Highmike said:

AvsimPost230621_2.JPG

Thanks for posting, mate. Why don't I see my flight in there?

• Like 1

1107 recorded hours. So annoying to feel the need to add that extra qualifying word.

Unfortunately, I have been out of action for over a week and possibly will be the same for several more as I was the victim of a hit and run motorbiker whilst cycling 10 days ago🤬. 3 broken ribs, a cut and bruised eye area and pain requiring a cocktail of medicines means operating a yoke or joystick would be too painful. Just looking at this monitor for more than a few minutes is a struggle . Looking forward to trying out the World Update when I'm up to it.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

53 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

1107 recorded hours. Unfortunately, I have been out of action for over a week and possibly will be the same for several more

I had the misfortune to be immobilized a few years ago for almost two months.You do appreciate then  screenshot and video forums to fly by proxy  😃. Be well !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Be well !

Thanks.👍 Over 20 years playing ice hockey, a couple playing baseball (and despite being knocked out for 5 minutes as a school soccer goalie when I dived for the ball, leaving the forward to run over my neck and back with his studs!) and I've never knowingly broken a bone (though I may have chipped some in my feet without realising, when blocking shots).. But, 5 minutes from home, some word not allowed hits me from behind and fails to stop.🥵 As bad as concussion is, I'm grateful for being unconscious until I was wheeled into the first of my 3 wards for the week as I undoubtedly missed the worst part of the whole experience, and that includes seeing over £450 worth of cycling kit and impacted helmet cut off me.😭

I suppose I can spend the downtime watching my huge backlog of movies.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

1107 recorded hours. So annoying to feel the need to add that extra qualifying word.

Unfortunately, I have been out of action for over a week and possibly will be the same for several more as I was the victim of a hit and run motorbiker whilst cycling 10 days ago🤬. 3 broken ribs, a cut and bruised eye area and pain requiring a cocktail of medicines means operating a yoke or joystick would be too painful. Just looking at this monitor for more than a few minutes is a struggle . Looking forward to trying out the World Update when I'm up to it.

Wow, hope you get well soon pal.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

21 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Wow, hope you get well soon pal.

Thanks, appreciate it.🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Thanks.👍 Over 20 years playing ice hockey, a couple playing baseball (and despite being knocked out for 5 minutes as a school soccer goalie when I dived for the ball, leaving the forward to run over my neck and back with his studs!) and I've never knowingly broken a bone (though I may have chipped some in my feet without realising, when blocking shots).. But, 5 minutes from home, some word not allowed hits me from behind and fails to stop.🥵 As bad as concussion is, I'm grateful for being unconscious until I was wheeled into the first of my 3 wards for the week as I undoubtedly missed the worst part of the whole experience, and that includes seeing over £450 worth of cycling kit and impacted helmet cut off me.😭

I suppose I can spend the downtime watching my huge backlog of movies.

The only real problem is that morphin feels sooo good when you are badly broken that you may get used to it  😅!   

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well, if you believe MSFS's flight tracking which missed a lot when I had dev mode on for various reasons briefly, only a little over 100 hours.  If you believe Steam which just tracks how long it's run (so sitting in menus etc as well), then just over 600.  My guess is closer to around 300ish give or take about 50.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I just broke 800, so good to know I'm not the only one who spends way too much time in this sim. 🙂

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 6/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Also remember the hours are not logged if you are flying in developer mode.

And you don't even have to 'fly' in dev mode--all it takes is toggling dev mode on, then off anytime in an active flight, and that is the end of logging that flight correctly. I do this to clear the console of errors/warning/message which often are in the 1000-5000.  Then I disable Dev Mode and proceed.  I do this for the first flight of the day, so those hours won't be logged.  But after that for all subsequent flights I will first go to Welcome > World Planner (i think) > Create Flight Plan > then back out to Options > General > Developer > Eable Dev Mode > Clear Console > Return to World Planner > FLY.   The difference is that I'm not in a flight when I go in then out of Dev Mode.

I show 313 hours, but I always miss the first flight of the day, and I probably average maybe 2.5 flights per day, some are abbreviated by not taxiing to the arrival gate.  So maybe I have more like 575 hours.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I just can't maintain my excitement  for this sim, I have fewer than 20 hours and that is after spending $2k on a new PC just for the sim...$500 on the Honeycomb Alpha and Brave controls....downloading all the updates.

I think it is a combination of factors....no planes I really like to fly....to much EU emphasis ...the group I flew with for years dispersed.... missing options that we had in FSX.... the list goes on.  Hopefully things will 'click' eventually but for now, if I fly an hour every week or two it's a lot.

Jay

14 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

...and that includes seeing over £450 worth of cycling kit and impacted helmet cut off me.😭

As a fellow cyclist I know how much this aspect will have hurt, too.

Delighted to hear you're recovering.

• Like 1