Sign in to follow this  
Guest fs_pjo

still cannot use SDK Traffic Tools

Guest fs_pjo

Hi!I am trying to install SDK Tools into FSX deluxe in Vista(product version).FSX is installed in d:Program FilesMicrosoft Games......SDK is installed in C:Program FilesLaunchdll.xmlFalseFalseTraffic ToolboxFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllAlso tried:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllThis did not work either.dll.xml is placed inC:UsersusernameDocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesConfigSDK.exe was run.This does not work.Any advise is welcome.pjo

Guest Phantoms

Note the path in the example again:

To install the dll, the dll.xml file in the :Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder should contain the following bold lines (if the file already exists in this folder), or the dll.xml file should contain all the following (if the dll.xml file does not already exist at the right location). A sample dll.xml file is available in the same folder as this document.:

For Vista, that would be :UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSXVista uses C:Users instead of C:Documents and Settings

Guest fs_pjo

>For Vista, that would be :UsersApplication>DataMicrosoftFSX>>Vista uses C:Users instead of C:Documents and Settings>>Thanks for your reply.However, for some reason I cannot have access to usersmyaccountApplication DataI am logged in as username with Administrator privillage.Thus I cannot place dll.xml there.How can I have access to Application Data in Vista ?pjo

Guest fs_pjo

I found a way to edit dll.xml in Vista.1. Launch cmd.exe with administrator right.2. go to %USERPROFILE%AppDataRoaming3.In there there will be MicrosoftFSXdll.xml4. using "EDIT" command, dll.xml can be edited.Just in case , User Account Control was disabled using msconfig.pjo