Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Vintage airline routes for your vintage airliner.

For those of you who are enjoying the DC-6 -- especially those who maybe haven't really done much with vintage aviation in the past and may not already know about it -- I thought I'd share this wonderful site:

Airline Timetable Images

They have a staggeringly vast collection of images of airline timetables from the dawn of aviation to much more recent times, broken down by country.  It's a great place to spend some time poking around if you're looking for some real routes to fly in your DC-6.   Most of the timetables in that era actually included information on the equipment that was used, so on just about all of these there's some way to find out which flights used the 6 -- either it's listed by name, or sometimes by an icon you have to look up.

You could try perhaps try KLM's North American routes from 1949.    Or maybe a flight to Baghdad in 1958 might be more your speed.

If you wanted to dip down south, you could maybe run some of Ansett's Skychief services across Austraila in 1955.   Or, if you're focused on the American airlines, there's Panair do Brazil's flights from Lima to Beiruit in 1959.

Of course, there are scads you could pick from for the US, too, like Braniff's domestic service in 1959, or PanAm's transatlantics in 1952.

I could go on forever, so I'll stop there.   It should give you some ideas, and if not visit the site and do some browsing of your own.  It's one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 16

Amazing suggestions. Thank you very much for the links. Loving this airplane. I'd love a Constellation as well.

• Like 1

@kaosfere

Rob- that site has kept me busy for years... I’ve got a thing for old aeroplanes.

Did I read you correctly? Has PMDG released their DC-6? Any good?

😉

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Awesome many thanks

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

@kaosfere

Rob- that site has kept me busy for years... I’ve got a thing for old aeroplanes.

Did I read you correctly? Has PMDG released their DC-6? Any good?

😉

C

it is a must buy, certainly for that price.  performs well on slower hardware too. only one real issue with mp , needs an update, will

happen soon.

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

it is a must buy, certainly for that price.  performs well on slower hardware too. only one real issue with mp , needs an update, will

happen soon.

Thanks, good to know.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper